Friday, December 02, 2005

Dogs, Cats, and Vets



Today I took the dog and the cat to the vet. This was the first visit to the vet for the cat since I had gotten her as a stray. Trying to get 2 animals to the vet at once! Whew. I was wondering if it was kind of like a mother with 2 kids. Here I had one in a carrier and the other on a leash. The one on the leash jumping up on me continuously while whining and wanting to be held. The one in the carrier scratching at the door and biting it. Me with my purse and an extra bag to carry the meds in! (I took the boxes from the last time to show what I had used and some of what I still had left). I know they can look that stuff up but I try to make things as easy as possible! Then the extra bag is good to put the meds that they give you in to carry as well!

I had the leash tangled up in my purse handles and the leash wrapped around my legs. I was wondering if maybe taking them at the same time might have been a mistake! Once in the exam room I let the cat out of the carrier and she was fine. She just sat on the exam table grooming herself! Pup still trembling while I held him. Then when it's time to go I sit him down on the floor to gather everything up and he starts jumping up and down and whining again because he knows that it's time to leave! I have to hold him while I pay the bill, othewise he is jumping on me and getting the leash wrapped around my legs and making a general mess of things!

Needless to say, I was glad to get home with those two! But I have to take care of my critters!!They are such sweethearts (when they're not going to the vet that is!).

7 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

It does sound like an adventure - wonder you didn't trip and break something.
Ralph

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely multi-tasking at its finest :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Sounds like you took the circus to the vet Rachel. Stepping on their back toes, a little harder each time, will quickly break them of jumping. You knew that but I had to say it.
btw do you want some of our snow??

11:59 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad you survived the trip! Your pets are so cute! I love the pic of the doggie!!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

your little "kids" are darling! I know you had your hands full taking both. I am not that brave. I only take one at a time.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pet juggling! I know how difficult it is to take more than one pet to the vet, although I think it's not so bad if it's two cats instead of a dog and a cat. But I do get the meowing and crying from the scaredy cats in stereo! (they HATE the car)

12:35 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Rachel, they are lovely.
Certainly you are a "dog people" and a "cat people"! Yours companions are so lucky!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter