Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Courting Flowers

Does anyone know what this flower is? I bought this in some cut flowers and I think it's just so pretty. It's pretty good size, probably a couple of inches or more across. Very lovely color!








This pretty bouquet I put on my husband's bedside tablet. They sure do pretty up the room but I don't think he really appreciates them that much!!






I have been watching Court TV. I get madder than a hornet when I watch it too. I start watching something and then I get pulled into it and I have to see what happens next. Tonight I watched "Disorders in the Courts." I tell you people are nuts out there! It's pretty frightening when you watch that stuff. One guy was in court for killing a policeman and he got unruly and they tried to get him down on the floor and they ended up tazing him. Whoa! That made his eyes and his mouth pop wide open. I sure wouldn't want one of them used on me. I guess those things have different effects on people. I watched a police video where a guy refused to cooperate and the cop tazed him a bunch of times before he decided to comply. I would not want to be a policeman/woman. Their job is not easy. They put their life on the line every time they go to work. They never know who they are pulling over in a traffic stop or what might await them when they go to make an arrest.

I think I'll try to stay away from that channel. It's just too scary!

15 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I think your mystery flower is a type of Chrysanthemum. It sure it pretty.
I don't watch the court shows on TV. I have to watch my blood pressure! LOL

10:17 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

MM beat me to it... but I agree...
http://www.harrisonphoto.co.uk/images/flowers/yellow-chrysanthemum.jpg

11:25 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachael
You really need to change the channel. If it makes you madder than a hornet and scares you - watch something else. Of course this is coming from someone who is hooked on the TV show Law and Order.
Ralph

6:12 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

It looks like a daliah (sp) to me, but it may be a chrysanthemem. Whatever it is....it is lovely.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Rachel:-) It's so good to be back and catching up with all your news! Little did I know you'd be mooning me on St. Patrick's Day though!! LOL Too funny! Your flowers are just beautiful and so sunny looking...we got another snowfall yesterday so everything is white again here...sigh! I stopped watching those kind of shows because I found the people to be just plain weird!!!! I also think your flower is a Chrysanthemum:-) xoxo

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

What pretty flowers! Spring is in the air!

Kendra

6:52 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

There were times when I taught school that I wished I'd had a tasor, LOL!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a lilac
Chrysthanemum.
Gorgeous photo and you know purples are my fave color.
Perhaps, I could suggest comedy on TV? I dont' watch the news anymore because of it stressing me out and BP stuff.
Hugs to you and hubby. Those are beautiful flowers.
P.S. If you're curious, I posted photos of, yes, me. I bit the bullet.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

It's a tulip because I can't spell chrysant....
I love court tv. I saw one last night where they made a model citizen out of a big gal by using a tazer on her. She was so unruly and loud they couldn't control her. She ended up saying please and thank you.

6:12 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Isn't that some form of Mum, Rachel? At least it looks like it to me....But Judy, From "Just Ask Judy" knows flowers...It's BEAUTIFUL whatever it is!
I cannot watch Court TV...I understand why it would make you madder than Hell....Though I might have to watch some of that Phil Spector Trial...
I agree that the police do not know what they will encounter at all, but I do think that often---at least here in Los Angeles---there is excessive use of force by the police when it isn't called for...
I sure would not want to do this job, I know that!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Spider mum, Rachel. :-)

I don't do heights, either.

I'm trying to catch up with my Bloglines. Everybody should stop posting while I'm out of pocket. There were over 200 posts on here!

Have a great week. :-)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Pretty flowers!!
I'm sure your hubby likes them, even if he doesn't show it.

I wouldn't want to be tazed either.
I think I'd pee my pants!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

We all have our addictions. While I do not watch court TV. I think I have read every article in the sister site, Crime Library, dealing with organized crime, mass murderers, spies and terrorists.

Every day I read on line every political article I can find on the politics of the US, Afghanistan, Iraq, Haiti and Venezuela. It makes be outraged at the state of affairs. Gets your juices flowing! For this pacifist it is cathartic.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Yeah, I hear you...I get caught up in court tv too, so much that when someone calls I get aggrevated and that's really terrible. I've decided to stop watching and blog instead.

Maybe your flower is an Aster and I only say this because it has pointy petals. I'm not one that knows flowers by name.

As far as being a policeman, it's a dangerous job and also very scary for the wife.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,

Don't know what kinda flowers those are, but they sure are purty.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter