Thursday, February 28, 2008

TWO THINGS

First of all there is this.



Pay It Forward Challenge.

Here's a chance to get a surprise from me, on a surprise date, in the next 365 days. (I'm responding to this via Perfectly Imperfect's Blog)



Here are the rules:

1.~Leave a comment on my blog that says you want to play. First three folks to comment will get a gift from ME. (If I don't know it already, let me know how I can contact you, an e-mail is fine, and I do now have an e-mail added to my profile!)



2.~Do the same thing on your blog!The first three folks who leave a comment and commit to doing this on their blog, too, will get a surprise from YOU at a surprise time in the next 365 days!



This should prove to be fun.....and interesting. This is a great way to make new friends too.....let's see what happens.

The second thing is this. I have a friend from England who is coming to visit me!! This is her picture below. She is not really a blogger but we have been e-mailing for a couple of years now. She got a chance to make this visit and I said "Come on over!!" This will be her first trip to the US. She is married with 2 children. We are both excited about this visit. Her name is Cathy and she will be here this Sunday and will stay the week. You can see that she is a brave woman since in the photo she is letting a tarantula crawl on her arm! We will not be doing any of that while she is here! I hope not anyway!!


11 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Hey, I'm game. I won't post on my own blog until tomorrow, though. I'll take a surprise from you! mosie1944@aol.com

6:26 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

OK, I lied. I've already done the challenge. LOL.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Okay Donna, since you have made 2 comments, you'll get a gift from me! I don't care if you have already done it! How about that!!!!

7:50 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

OKAY! Sure, I love this idea! I am not sure when I will post this----Maybe on Satursay??? Or possibly Sunday.....

I am intereted to know---Do you decide WHEN in the next 365 days you send the surprise to the first three...? And is that how it will work with me, too? I decide? Or if not...Who DOES Decide? (LOL)
Anyway...I think it is a terrific idea, and Fun, Too!

How wonderful Rachel, that you will be meeting Cathy and getting to sepend a lovely amount of time with her....! (No Tarantula's, PLEASE! lol) I hope you do some fun things and eay some GREAT Meals....! Southern Food will be a real treat for her, don't you think?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Say hi to Cathy for me. I hope she likes the states. I can't remember stuff so I''ll not play. But thanks.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I want to play! Do I qualify? I can post it to my blog tomorrow. Here's my email lucy.stern@gmail.com

I'm glad that Cathy is coming to visit. I hope the two of you have a good time together. Don't forget to take a picture of the two of you and post it...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Lucy took the coveted third spot. That's okay with me since I've been fortunate to receive some mighty fine things from you, my friend. My hubby is nearly fully tamed by that Man Tamer. He sure does have a knotty head now though, poor feller. Also, I want you to know that I use those American Flag fabric coasters every day under my glass of iced tea.

:-)

You and Cathy will have so much fun! A whole week!!!! She doesn't know how lucky she is! That tarantula thing makes me wonder about her. I hope she's not a loon.
Cathy, if you're a loon, you'll be in good company with Rachel. (Badda -Bing!)
Just kidding, of course.
Maybe Cathy can teach you to speak with a British accent. I'd like to hear that Kentucky-English dialect. Make sure to serve her some tea in the afternoon along with cake balls, crumpets, biscuits, and cone cakes.

:-)

I'm going to make cake balls tonight. Right now after I send this to you, as a matter of fact.
My splurge day is tomorrow, and I plan to have cake balls and milk for breakfast. YUMMY!!!!

Have a nice weekend. Take lots of photos of you and your British visitor so you can share them with us.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Karen H. said...

Good Morning Rachel,
I do hope your friend, Cathy, enjoys her first visit to the United States. I sure hope she doens't bring that spider with her. LOL. I don't like spiders and snakes myself. They give me the heebie-jeebies. LOL. I know yall will have a good time tho and sounds like you are excited about her coming to visit you. Is she bringing her kids as well? Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

4:31 AM  
Blogger catsbd said...

Hi Rachel.....Am counting the hours to the flight!!!!! And yes, I promise NO SPIDERS since I actually run a mile at the sight of them (even teeney weeney ones!) but somehow the trantula was like a little furry pet!
I cannot wait to get to see you, I think it's the most fantastic trip I will have ever had the chance to do and I am totally grateful to you for allowing me to come and stay with you. See you tomorrow XXCathy (Wirral, UK)
PS. Hello to everyone who reads RAchels blof, she is lucky to have such a nice bunch of blogger friends

7:03 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

How exciting to have an email friend visit from England. I know that you will make her stay so much fun! That's just the kind of person you are.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Greetings! I am a garden writer that lives in the hills on the opposite side of the county from "The Old Lady in the Hills." I will be posting this challenge on my own blog a little later this week. THANK YOU for starting this wonderful challenge.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter