Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Raccoon Story

Last night I didn't close the garage door until after dark. (I just push the remote from inside the house). There was a raccoon in there chowing down on birdfeed (unbeknownst to me!), so he got locked in. Around 9 p.m. I heard a crash down there and went to investigate. He had knocked over some tools, shovels, and such and he was up in the rafters over the garage door. He refused to budge. I came back in and waited 2 hours. Went back down and he was still there! I gently poked him with a stick but he refused to leave. I even put a piece of steak on a stick and offered it to him but he was not interested in bargaining with me. I ended up leaving the door open all night. This morning he was gone. The bag of birdseed was scattered all over the place where he had ripped the bag open.

Needless to say from now on I will put the door down earlier!!

2 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

yes you will - I have a few racoon stories from months ago
please keep on blogging - and drop by for a visit some time.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Raccoons love oily black sunflower seeds! Should you ever wish to move them quickly- throw them a few marshmallows!! They will follow you everywhere, honest.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter