Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Day

I am tired. Not much sleep last night. Today has sure been gorgeous and perfect weather. My neighbors had a 50th wedding anniversary party that I went to. Then I went to a surprise 75th birthday party for a dear friend. She was really surprised when she walked in and there was that big crowd shouting, "SURPRISE!!" Then we all sang Happy Birthday to her.

At both places there was lots of food and lots of fattening foods. That anniversary cake with a cup of coffee was mighty good. I think it settled nicely on each side of my hips.

I also got a new battery for the riding mower. Two years is about the limit for them, at least in my experience. I put the new battery in and now it still isn't working. Just makes that hummmm noise. Well, I'm too tired to worry with it today. I'll wait until Monday and try again and see what I'm doing wrong. No, the cables aren't corroded or anything and they are good and tight. But if I can't figure it out then I can ask my neighbor for help and if they are not home then I'll wait until my BIL comes down. Meanwhile I can use the pushmower and that would probably help to take some of the cake off that has settled onto my hips!

Yep, I knew there was a silver lining there somewhere!!

8 Comments:

Blogger 4evergapeach said...

That is so cool that you can find the good in all that. Glad things are going well. Food at parties is always my downfall. Glad to be back. Take care~

7:24 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

I always wanted a ridin' mower. Maybe one day I will have a lawn worthy enough for one.

8:20 PM  
Blogger zztop357 said...

Thats ok Rachel,I bet it looks as good as the pecan pie setting on mine.
We just get the neighbor to mow ours...They have 3 kids and need the money,and I won't push a mower.I over-heated once doing that,I'll never do that again.I trim the trees and weed eat but not mow.
Besides...that would interfer with my camping.Can't have that now.
Have a good weekend...and your starter bendix is stuck I bet.Tap it gently as you try to start it.On the metal only..
Good luck.
Donna

8:44 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

There's a lot more than just one piece of cake on my hips. ;D

It rained most of the day here, but now it's cleared off and should be pretty tomorrow.

Hope you have a great Sunday, Rachel. :-)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Be happy that the grease settled down on both of your hips ! Can you immagine how you would look like if it had settled only on one hip ?? (grin*)

3:20 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachael
You just need to look at it a little differently. That little piece of cake and cup of coffee is just helping you make up for all the times there was only "health food".
Battery sounds likes it might have a dead cell.
Ralph

6:56 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Often new battery's have been on the shelf for a while Rachel and need to be charged, when I replaced my Rider battery last the supplier suggested I charge it occasionally as the charge put in by the Rider sometimes wasn't enough.
(Helps if you have a battery charger.)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Did you put that liquid into the battery? If so, then listen to Ralph. hehehe

Loved that church sign.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter