Monday, April 02, 2007

Rainy Days and Monday's

Rainy days and Monday's always get me down.......

Oh, not really. That song just jumped right into my mind. Probably because it's Monday!

I had the phone service changed today. I have cable and internet through one company, and telephone through another company. Then the cable/internet company called me and they offered me a deal where I get all 3 services cheaper than I'm getting cable and internet now. Plus I get a couple of other neat things like caller ID and unlimited long distance (wonder how long that will last?). So basically that should do away with my phone bill since this will make it cheaper and I won't have that monthly phone bill from the other company. When he called and offered this and said there was unlimited long distance I said, "Oh, so I can call to England every day and it won't cost me anything????" He said, "Ohhh, well there might be a charge for international calls!" Well yeah, I figured so!! I hope it's not one of those deals where they get you in and then raise the rates in a month or two. We shall see.

The young man who connected it had brought all the papers for me to sign. He had one that he had to fill out. He started to fill it out and it was on top of the other copies that had carbon copies attached to them. I said, "If you write on those it'll come through on the carbon copies." He picked up the piece of paper he was writing on and said, "No this is a hard copy, so it shouldn't." I didn't say anything more. When he got finished writing I pulled the sheets out from underneath and lifted the top copy and showed him where it had copied on the carbon copy. He said, "Huh, well that's funny. It shouldn't have since this is a hard copy." Okay!! Maybe I just confused him with my dazzling good looks!! All right, hold down the laughter!!!

I got my Bunny Swap parcel in the mail today from Pea and these are the things she sent! There is this cute bunny pin and a little Easter ornament that is so cute. She made the pretty card!! She sent a larger angel bunny, which is darling too. There is a box of milk chocolate eggs (yum!!), a bottle that has Happy Easter on it and a vine for hanging it. The last picture shows all the things she sent! Thank you Pea!! What a lovely parcel and it was wrapped so pretty, each one individually!!












Tomorrow is supposed to be 83 degrees and then the next day it'll be 58. So we are in for a few days of cooler weather. It's been simply gorgeous.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

15 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

We have "bundled" telephone service too (dsl, landline, cell phone and long distance) It keep creeping up in price, but is still a good value I hope.
Love all the goodies from Sweet Pea!!
:)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your joking about 83 degrees tomorrow aren't you and then only 58 the following day??? What's wrong with the weather anyway.

We have bundled phone, satellite tv and DSL and it's much cheaper than paying each one separately. We've had it for over a year and they haven't raised the prices yet. I don't want to change my cell phone because I never have any dropped calls and the service has always been good.

Loved your bunny swap stuff from Pea. She's so sweet.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Is there a waiting list for the Bunny Swap Club membership? Pea was nice to you.
Karen and Billy have the one service bundle. It came with their cable, 99.xx for the first six months, then to go up.
In the meantime, comcast bought the company out and it went up a lot.

We are on the waiting list for DSL, phone, and TV. We have the first two but TV isn't to our house yet.
..

9:28 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

In a few weeks I should have Fios all hooked up (Verizon Fiber Optic) I've been patiently waiting and ask the workers every day that I see them "Can I call cablevision to cancel yet?"

tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I'm glad to hear you've got free long distance AND my phone number. Give us a call.
I'm sure it was your good looks that got him rattled.
Yeah our weather has turned cold and windy again.
Were your ears burning this past weekend? The should have been. It was all good however.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachael
I never heard of a bunny swap before.
The story about the carbon copies made me laugh. Had that happen not to long ago. The young guy that did it was just amazed they made paper like that.
Ralph

6:27 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

We too have the bundled service like Susie describes. So far, ours has not gone up.

It is currently 77 degrees here. On Thursday night the low is supposed to be 17 with snow flurries. =) Spring!!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What ever happened to the customer is always right??
Loved your "cable guy" story!
What a lovely lot of stuff from Sweet Pea!!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm so glad you received my parcel safely:-) I had a lot of fun choosing a few things for you...you're lucky I didn't keep that faerie bunny, I fell in love with her! LOL Do you have Laura Secord chocolates in the States? Hope you enjoy them anyway:-)

I've been looking into having the bundled telephone service...one of these days I may make up my mind what I want to do! lol Good luck with yours!

I can't believe how hot you're having it over there...they're forecasting snow here in the next couple of days...sigh! xoxo

3:26 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Oh man...its supposed to snow here!
I am so tired of the cold...I wanna see my hostas start growing.

Kendra

p.s. Happy Easter. :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I just love swaps and Pea's bunny swap was awesome!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I am having ISP issues again and am having trouble posting and visiting.
The Anniversary and Birthday party sounded lovely.
The mower is a bad starter.
Sunday sign was great even with the white specs.
LOL at the carbon/hard copy cable man.
I am glad you are having nice weather. It has been snowing, blowing and freezing her the past few days.
Have a fabulous day!
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

12:17 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Sweet! Life can be sweet. Glad you're noticing and feeling that.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Lovely gifts!
I am so glad she had the good sense to include some chocolate. Easter is about our risen Lord, but it also HAS to be celebrated with chocolate!!!

We've had superb weather too!
I'm loving it!!! :) :) :)

QUIT flirting with the cable guy!!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUr weather is taking a dip. Monday it was 54 and to day through the rest of the week down in the 30 with snow flurries. well that's spring in Michigan!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter