Saturday, August 11, 2007

THE SHORTEST BOOKS TO READ

Someone sent me this via e-mail and I thought it was funny, so I'm passing it on!
__________________________________________________________
You could probably read them all in 20 minutes.
The newest list of the worlds shortest books. Just released.


THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY COUNTRY
by Jane Fonda & Cindy Sheehan.
Illustrated by Michael Moore
__________________ ______________________

MY CHRISTIAN ACCOMPLISHMENTS &
HOW I HELPED AFTER KATRINA
by Rev Jesse Jackson & Rev Al Sharpton
_______________________________________

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BILL
by Hillary Clinton
______________________________
Sequel:
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT HILLARY
By Bill Clinton
___________________________________

MY LITTLE BOOK OF
PERSONAL HYGIENE
by Osama Bin Laden
___________________________________

THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD
by Bill Gates
____________________________________

THINGS I WOULD NOT
DO FOR MONEY
by Dennis Rodman
__________________________________

THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE
by Al Gore & John Kerry
_______________________________________

AMELIA EARHART'S
GUIDE TO THE PACIFIC
__________________________________

A COLLECTION of
MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES
by Dr. J Kevorkian
__________________________________

ALL THE MEN I HAVE LOVED BEFORE
by Ellen de Generes & Rosie O'Donnel
____________________________________

GUIDE TO DATING ETIQUETTE
by Mike Tyson
__________________________________

THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY
_______________________________________

MY PLAN TO FIND THE REAL KILLERS
by O.J. Simpson
_________________________________________

HOW TO DRINK & DRIVE OVER BRIDGES
by Ted Kennedy
________________________________
MY BOOK OF MORALS
by Bill Clinton
with introduction by The Rev. Jesse Jackson
__________________________________________
AND, JUST ADDED:
Complete Knowledge of Military Strategy!
By Nancy Pelosi
*************************************************************8
SUNDAY SIGN A DAY EARLY



19 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

And I'll add another book: EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT BEING PRESIDENT AND HOW TO DO IT RIGHT! by George W. Bush

9:30 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Amen Old lady!

Or "Everything I Know about Anything and Everything" by George W. Bush.

or "All I Know about Compassion," by Dick Cheney.

My Christian Accomplishments and How I Help Poor People should be co-authored by Jerry Falwell and Mitt Romney.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Funny! ;o)

The sign is a good one, too.

Have a great weekend, Rachel! ;D

Love and hugs,

Diane

11:12 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Summer reading??
Funny!
Great Sunday sign Rachel :)
Have a wonderful weekend.
xo

11:36 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

This is a grat post. I just got the laugh I have had all week when when I read "THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY". Great, great post.
Thanks Rachel
Ralph

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Enjoyed your shared email *big smile*

2:39 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOL Rachel, all of those would certainly make VERY short stories! hehe Loved the sign also, so very true!! xox

4:06 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

These are great!

Just thought of another one:

"Girls I Never Slept With" by Mick Jagger

Have a great weekend!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very funny list. I love it!

6:56 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Together, those would make a great chapet ;) Good sign too!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Here's one for you:

DIETING TIPS by Jamie Dawn

I hope you are having a nice weekend, Rachel.
It is very hot here, so I assume it is still hot as Hades in KY too. This heat wave is supposed to stay around for at least a few more days. I plan to stay out of the heat as much as possible.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I loved the books and would agree they would all be VERY short reads.
I know what you mean about the heat. We're having the same thing.
I read your previous blog and wonder if we shouldn't start having you 'clear' your stories with the preacher before you post. Just sayin. : )
btw, you wouldn't mind if I repeat that one would you.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

How aboutthe book, "My Favourite Biblical Quotations: by Paris Hilton!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, some real "Best Sellers" on that list but you're right only an afternoons read in the lot.

6:23 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Rachel,,


I loved your book list! :)

And that sign is very good too!!

Keep cool!


Junie

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about writing a book called
Don't you just hate it when...

and then each page will have a little continued sentence. What do you think?

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- Those are neat books, our library only has one, the Al Gore book. I don't think it is the same one though.

I would start on Bill Gates book, THE THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD. I'm thinking it would be a good start for my new WISH LIST. I have everything I NEED now.
..

I already have that last book, but it is written by a different author. Are you sure you have it right?
..
The church sign is pretty good. Should we all try that?
It would save on the gas bills for me. And mileage on the car too!

Could you add it to this list?
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/
..
..

7:15 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Just my kind of books...Short, funny & to the point.
Loved your Sunday sign also...Very good advice.

8:44 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ I love these! Great ones! ~ jb///

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter