Saturday, August 04, 2007

MEETING A BLOGGER: JAMIE DAWN!!!

Today was such a fun day. I talked with Jamie Dawn on the phone last night and we made our plans for today. She, her Dad, her brother, and her son have been taking in the "World's Longest Yard Sale, the Hwy. 127 Corridor Sale." I'm not sure where they started at but this sale starts in Gadsden, AL and goes to Covington, KY; so 450 miles of yard sales. The traffic is bad and motels are full. There are so many people set up beside the roads and if you happen to glance off the road and then look back the traffic in front of you may have stopped still, so you really have to be careful when driving on this route.

We planned to meet at Jones' Restaurant in Albany, KY, which is on Hwy. 127 and about an hour from me. I saw this lovely lush huge field of soybeans on the way. Isn't it pretty?











Then I saw this.....was it Jamie Dawn???? Oh, no it wasn't! Just an ape on a bicycle!!















I must tell you that they are wonderful folks and Jamie Dawn is such a delightful person!! I could go on and on about Jamie Dawn and her wonderful family, but you know....she'll probably read this and I sure don't want her getting the big head and all, so I'll try and not brag on her too much. I'm sure you all understand!! Her father, her brother, and her son were all so nice too. Just fine, fine folks!!








Last week Jamie Dawn was out in CA where she visited another blogger Naomi. Naomi sent a gift to me by way of Jamie Dawn. Below you see me holding the two photos that Naomi sent me. Aren't they lovely?? I love them Naomi and I will frame them and put them up so I can see them daily!! Naomi takes wonderful photographs and is such a sweet person!! I would love to meet her too!! Thank you Naomi!!!












Jamie and her family were having such a fun trip. They had bought hats to protect their heads from the heat! Certainly a good idea considering that it has been very hot and humid. Here is Jamie Dawn, her Dad, and her brother Jason showing off their head apparel. Looking great, aren't they?















I had gotten Jamie Dawn a little package of goodies that came from our neck of the woods, so to speak. One of the things I got her was this nice sized wooden mallet. Here she is demonstrating how to use it if need be!!














Now you can see it better! It is a "Hillbilly Man Tamer." Well, if those guys get out of hand on the way home I know that JD can give them an attitude adjustment real quick!! heehee!

Her husband may not appreciate it though when she gets home with it! That was just an item I saw when I stopped at this one store on my way over there and decided to buy it and add it to her goodie bag!


I did tell a little fib to Jamie Dawn though. I told her that
Cliff had instructed me to buy her a jar of mayonnaise and give to her but that I had forgotten it!! Jamie Dawn thinks mayonnaise is very hitonious! So Cliff, sorry about that (not really) but I was trying to get you in trouble and I may have!! He didn't really tell me to do that JD, all he said was to slather your sandwich with mayo since you liked it so much!!
So it was a super day and I'm so very glad I got to meet Jamie Dawn. She is funny and delightful and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with her, her son, Dad, and her brother. Fine, delightful, great folks!! Thanks Jamie Dawn for getting in touch with me so that we could get to meet!!
________________________________________________
SUNDAY SIGN




27 Comments:

Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

What an exciting day you had! It's always nice to meet a blogging buddy. :-)

Those beans are sure pretty! Ours need some rain in a bad way. Irrigation is keeping them alive but they would do a lot better with some of God's irrigation.

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday, Rachel. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

6:43 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there. Let's re-enact that scene at our place next year you two. You all looked so happy. Thanks for the look in at the visit.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, I'm really envious, Jamie is one of the many bloggers I would really like to meet (and you too of course) specially now I have seen photos of what a good lookin' pair of ladies you are.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Well I'm jealous. I want to meet JD too. Is she still touring? Send her up north a piece, ya hear?

It's so great to meet your bloggin' buddies. I may be meeting up with another one this week. How fun!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

J.D.'s fellows are in for some serious problems if she uses that mallet. I believe it would create some hitonious damage to their heads.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

JD is so cute and I bet you had a really fun day with her and her family. Isn't it fun to get to meet your friends in person after talking with them online for so long?

7:49 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hey Rachel! It looks like you all had a GREAT Time...Don't you just LOVE Jamie? Fun, Fun, Fun...!

And BTW: I'm glad you liked the pictures. I put arrows on the back of each so you would know which way is "UP"...! LOL!
I so wish I could meet you too, dear Rachel...!
Have a WONDERFUL Sunday, my dear.

9:02 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Rachel,

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you had a great time meeting up with Jamie Dawn and her guys!

I enjoyed this post and the pictures very much!


Junie

10:33 AM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Sounds like you had a great time. That yard sale starts less than a mile from my old house (in Gadsden)!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Fun post and cute pictures. I've read about that huge yard sale!
Must be such fun to meet a fellow blogger in real life..
xo

1:22 PM  
Blogger EV said...

I stopped over to see the pictures ... what a great time! I had to smile looking at them, too. Thanx for sharing the visit, Rachel!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

How wonderful that you got to meet another blogging friend!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time together and she certainly does look like a lot of fun:-) Love the Hillbilly Man Tamer!!! LOL xoxo

4:34 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Gal...I'm soooooooo sorry I've lost you in my fray of mid life emotions...I've been missing YOU!!!
Love You and love your blog!!
Looks like you had a lot of fun!!
:)

5:01 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Rachel, what a great pleasure to meet a blog friend! Sounds you all had a great time!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, you sure do know how to enjoy life with your friends. I am so glad you two and her dad and bro had such a nice visit.

That 'Hillbilly Man Tamer' went over ok? I don't think Jamie likes to think 'hillbillies.'

Thanks for the visit, I'm telling my visitors more than the picture blog post.

First, no, it isn't time for the NYC Marathon, she ran that one in 2003 [November 3] and very likely will again this year.

They did run the 1/2 Marathon this weekend, she wanted to run it but she had to work in Denver this week. She and Mrs. Jim went in 2001 for that one.

That 2003 was just after my XXth birthday, the worst one I ever expect to have. She rescued me, as I was going to run away. So instead of running away, Mrs. Jim and I went with Karen to NYC.

When Karen runs the NY Marathon we follow her using the NYC Subway System.

Karen says she will miss my 'Adi Can' posts, she is Aid's real mother. But Adi has lived with us for the most of her life because Karen was in situations where it was very difficult to keep Adi. I think Adi is with us to stay.

Anyway, I told her I could put up a few 'Adi Can' posts on the photo blog also. I just put the suitcase picture there now, most of those readers/lookers don't come to my blog and vice/versa.
..
I'm glad you visited today. This will be my last blog for a while, I'm hoping to resume in October.
There are a lot of things I need to get done around here first. Also we plan to return to Scotland September 11 and return the 25th.
I'm hoping to keep on posting Wordless Wednesday pictures on or before Wednesdays to my picture blog, JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO HOLDER, for a while. At
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/
..

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Rachel, It looks like the two of you, and the guys, had a great time. I hope you found some good stuff at that huge garage sale. My husband is doing better. He still gets tired easily but he is better.

7:57 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

What a great visit! I can't wait to read JD's take on it. And that mallet could definately cause some hitoneous damage ;)

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It looks like you folks had a big time. I like that ladies flower ppictures too.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Looks and sounds like everyone had a great, great time.
Ralph

7:58 AM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Be still my heart! A tag sale goin' on for miles and miles!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hello there, my beautiful blog buddy!
What a pure joy it was to meet you in real life!!!
You are every bit as sweet and cute and loving as I thought you would be.
It is after 11 p.m. here, and I feel like it is 3 a.m.
I am back home in Hickville, and my dad and brother fly home tomorrow afternoon.
I plan on putting up a new post FINALLY after they leave, and I will also begin visiting blog buddies tomorrow late afternoon after my dad and bro head home to CA.
We ate some of the jelly you gave me, and I made some fried green tomatoes with the corn meal. They were delicious! I forgot to take pics of them. We ate them all, and I was mad at myself for not taking pics of them. Yum-yum!!
I had to knock Taylor silly with that mallet a few times on our return drive home. :-)
My dad and brother read your post along with me.
We all really enjoyed meeting you!!!!!
I am going to drop in on Naomi's blog, then I HAVE to go to bed. I am pooped!!!!
I look forward to getting back in contact with all my blog buddies again. I had a great two and a half week vacation. I am ready to return to a normal schedule again.
My favorite church sign that I saw along our driving route was this one:
A Shut Mouth Gathers No Foot.
Love you lots, Rachel!!!!
Love, Jamie Dawn :-) XX OO XX OO

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I'm ecstatic that you and Jamie met! I read with fascination about her rendezvous w/ Naomi on Naomi's blog. More and more of us are meeting in person. I have talked with bloggers but not met any...yet, although I've been invited to visit for a few years. Now that Sapphire is going off to college, I can arrange to take off work, not needing to stay home and watch a "young'n."

I know that it will happen within the year and I cant' wait to meet some blogging friends. I'm SO happy for you and Jamie Dawn!! :D

Hugs,
GeL

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have gone to a simular yard event like that up here, but nothing as big I'm sure.

The garilla was very funny!

DayByDay

12:21 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Got a few things myself that I'm pushing through to the throne....

always dreamed of meeting a blogger friend....farmgirlcyn and I will get together this weekend with the hubbies....we see them three or fout times a year...

2:38 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Rachel, how exciting you got to meet Jamie Dawn. I guess meeting your blogging friends is like meeting your long lost cousins. They do get to seem like family. I'm really glad you got to spend the day with her. I laughed over the mallet. I never would have thought to give anyone a mallet. I have a rubber mallet, but I found it in the middle of the road. They sure do come in handy!!!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My dad and brother left for CA this afternoon.
We started our day with toast and a sampling of all the jams and jellies you gave me.
Thanks for such a wonderful gift!!!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

I swear that I left a comment on this post last week.
I'm sending the same warm and fuzzy feelings -- I'm glad that you two met. I'm jealous in a happy-for-you-way.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter