Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ramblings

A couple of weeks ago I fed the neighbor's cat while they went to TN to get married. This is Blue and he is a pretty fellow and really sweet. He is an Angora. The biggest surprise you get is when you pick this cat up and find out how heavy he is. He weighs more than he appears to. He must be all muscle!















I saw this on Britmum's Blog and thought I'd give it a try. You are supposed to write the first thing you think of when you see each of these words.

  1. Deputy :: Police
  2. Name :: Rachel
  3. Arrested :: Yikes, No!!!
  4. Trade :: swap
  5. Old :: relic
  6. Fingerprint :: mark
  7. Dwarf :: midget
  8. Newspaper :: read
  9. Gabriel :: horn
  10. Certificate :: document

  11. ****************************************

    A man boarded an airplane in Sydney, Australia, with a box of crabs.A female crew member took it and promised to put it in the crew's refrigerator, which she did. The man advised her that he was holding her personally responsible for the crabs staying frozen, and proceeded to rant and rave about what would happen if she let them thaw out. 'Shortly before landing, she announced to the entire cabin, "Would the gentleman who gave me the crabs in Sydney, please raise your hand?"Not one hand went up. So she took them home and ate them herself.





    17 Comments:

    Blogger Mountain Mama said...

    Love the 'crab; story. Thats one smart lady!

    9:03 PM  
    Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

    LOL, LOL...A Very Good One, Rachel...!

    BLUE is darling! He looks like a cat with a lot of personality!

    I will be seeing JD on Thursday...I talked to her today. It is so nice to know I am going to be meeting her! And her brother, too! Photo Ops will abound! (lol)

    11:12 PM  
    Blogger Jim said...

    Poor guy, he should have said something to her at the exit.
    I like fresh crabs, it's been a long time since I've had some (fresh).
    My old boss was a hobby shrimper and he would give us the crabs he pulled up in his shrimp nets, he didn't eat crabs.
    Nice on the 'word association.'
    ..

    6:10 AM  
    Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

    Funny story, Rachel! ;)


    Junie

    5:18 PM  
    Blogger Carole Burant said...

    That cat really is gorgeous!! LOL at the crab joke...wish I could think up of things like that when a man is being obnoxious! hehe

    7:48 PM  
    Blogger Lucy Stern said...

    Pretty kittie and smart airline stewardess.....

    9:02 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha Ha. Good one, Rachel!

    9:35 PM  
    Blogger LZ Blogger said...

    GREAT Crab story! No one wanted to sign up for that admission! ~ jb///
    P.S. I alwys tell my wife not to pick up strays... but then she says... well it worked out OK with you! ~ jb///

    9:54 PM  
    Blogger Martin Stickland said...

    tee hee! Love the crab story!

    Nice pussy

    9:18 AM  
    Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

    Thanls for your visit Rachel... As always, you are sooo supportive and I dearly appreciate your enthusiasm....

    The Agave goves off lots of Baby's, so that when it dies there are already smaller offspring right there, filling the void....Isn't that extrordnary?

    10:23 AM  
    Blogger Peter said...

    I wanna fly that airline Rachel, they have smart staff.

    6:24 PM  
    Blogger Scarlet said...

    Great crab joke! The cat is adorable!

    6:37 PM  
    Blogger Susie said...

    Great crab joke! Such a cute cat too!
    xo

    7:07 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Enjoyed your site!

    8:24 PM  
    Blogger Peggy said...

    I love the crab story!!! have a great weekend

    3:45 PM  
    Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

    Ha, ha, ha! Crabs!!!!

    I guess that wasn't a fat cat you took care of; he's a muscley cat. I will use that as an excuse the fatter I get. I will just say it's all muscle weight!! :-)

    My brother and I met Naomi yesterday. We had a fabulous time!!!! She is every bit as wonderful as I thought and even more. We are stopping by her gorgeous home again tomorrow afternoon to pick up a little something that she wants me to give to YOU!!
    We also met another blog buddy today for lunch. He is Doug from Waking Ambrose on my blogroll.
    What fun this has been!!!!
    I look forward to meeting you in person on Aug. 4th.
    I LOVE my blog buddies!!!!
    I haven't had internet access for five days. My bro's internet was not working until just this evening. I have a lot of buddies to visit!!!!

    Deputy :: Don Knotts
    Name :: Rank and serial number
    Arrested :: Do not pass go!!
    Trade :: bargain
    Old :: dusty
    Fingerprint :: unique
    Dwarf :: Dopey
    Newspaper :: print
    Gabriel :: angel
    Certificate :: award

    7:34 PM  
    Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

    The crab joke is cute and gave me a chuckle this morning.
    Tomcats really surprise me when I lift them up because they are heavier and more muscular than femaie kitties. I guess it's all that fighting that they have to do to win the paw of their girlfriends.

    5:08 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Free Hit Counters
    Web Counter