Tuesday, July 03, 2007

HAPPY 4TH!!!!!





Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th!!! Enjoy and don't eat too much BBQ!!!!


*********************************************


The Farmer and Dept of Highway

A cocky Department of Highways employee stopped at a farm and talked with an old farmer. He told the farmer, "I need to inspect your farm for a possible new road."

The old farmer said, "OK, but don't go in that field."

The Highways employee said, "I have the authority of the State Department of Highways to go where I want. See this card? I am allowed to go wherever I wish on your land."

The old farmer rolled his eyes and went about his chores.

Later, he heard loud screams and saw the man running for the fence with the farmer's prize bull close behind him. The bull was madder than a nest full of hornets and he was gaining on the employee at every step.

The old farmer called out, "Show him your card!"

17 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

And a Happy 4th to you Rachel.
Ralph

9:29 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Happy 4th, Rachel. Don't eat too many hot dogs.
That card of BPs was cute, wasn't it. I'm glad you liked it.
..

10:34 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

HAHAHA! I know a few people that need their own cards ;)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy 4th of July to you and yours, dear Rachel:-) Loved that joke! LOL xoxo

6:06 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Happy Independence Day Firecracker!
Eat lots of ice cream.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Happy 4th of July to you and yours!!
:)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy 4th Rachel and I really loved that joke :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Love that joke, Rachel!!


Hope you've had a happy 4th!


Junie

3:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Grweat joke, Rachel.
A Very Happy Fourth to you, too!
I pray that WE THE PEOPLE can restore all the rights and freedoms eroded by this current administration and bring That Vety Very important document known as The Declaration....BACK to all that it stands for and that so much blook was shed for, too!

No Bar-B-Q for me tonight...! But my Flag that lights up will be lit tonight, in the Hope Of A Better future for every American.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Hope you had a great 4th.
I like your funny. Inspectors shouldn't mess with farmers who own a bull! LOL

10:09 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Happy 4th Rachel. Hope it was a fun day for you!!
:)

10:38 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

WE DID! WE DID! Thanks! ~ jb///

3:24 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Funny!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha -
Hope your 4th was super!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

GREAT joke!!!
That cocky fella got what he deserved for being so rude to that farmer.

I hope your July 4th holiday was a BLAST!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Happy 6th! OK, I'm late to the party - nobody's perfect. I agree w/ b13, I know a few people who "think" they have "cards", too. Good one! ;)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Good one Rachel. I hope it was a good 4th and that you didn't ruin your hearing with fireworks.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter