Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Little Behind

This is an old postcard I found and it's postmarked 1983. Cute huh? Wonder who the baby is? Thanks Naomi for checking on me! You are a dear! You know sometimes I am lazy in my blogging. Sometimes I can't think of anything to blog about. Or I think of something and think I'll just be boring you all to tears so I don't post it.


We still need rain so badly. The lawn is turning brown in spots. Makes for not much lawn mowing, but still I'd rather have a lush green lawn than a crunchy brown one.
I do have some sad news. My dear cat Munchie has been missing since last Friday night. She came in sometimes but she loved to be outside and hunting. One of her favorite spots was over on the neighbor's rock wall and in his backyard. But I know she went beyond there. She would come in and her hair would be full of burrs at times. We do live near a cliff so she could have met with an accident there, or something (coyote or fox) could have gotten her. She wasn't roadkill at least. I have hunted for her and I have called and called and called. I even checked in the neighbor's crawl space thinking he might have opened the door and she went in and he shut the door without knowing she was in there. No such luck. After all this time I don't think she's coming back. Miss White Lilly never did like her. I told her if she were a decent cat she would help me find Munchie. Miss White Lilly doesn't pay me any mind. Here is a picture of Munchie and Pup playing. They were buddies. I'm sure he misses her too, in his own doggie way.


14 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Don't ever worry about boring us - you are not going to get off that easy. Naomi - thanks for prodding Rachel.
Hope your cat shows up soon. Don't give up hope.
Ralph

8:19 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh My Dear..I am so sorry about Munchie...! I'm hoping she will indeed pop back in soon...I know it is probably a ridiculous wish, BUT you never know.
And you are never ever boring Rachel....and I feel the same way sometimes...That I have nothing to say and will bore everyone when I do post something...Perhaps it is one of the pitfalls of blogging...!
Anyway, never fear...you have never been boring, not once!
Glad you are alright...And trily sorry about Munchie.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, sorry to hear that Munchie is missing... hey boring smoring, its your blog write what you want to.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Awww...I'm so sorry about your cat...I know how hard it is to lose a pet. :(

Kendra

6:43 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, I too am sorry abut Munchie being gone. Cats do come back, you know. [Very personal, but has she been spayed? If not maybe she's in love and will bring you back some kittens!]
This is a past picture, May 3, of Munchie taking on the lizard toy. She's so cute.
..
My post is very boring today (as usual?) as I'm spending a lot of time working up the Sunday school lesson to teach this Sunday.
It is the first one since I've been constricted and immobilized, it's going very slowly.
It's about Nahum and Nineva, I ran across a Christian blogger who blogs about the plight of (Cathlic) Christians in Iraq.
Now it is martyrism there in a bigger way than in the first century.
..

8:57 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Sorry you Munchie is missing. Our cat of 15 years disappeared about 4 months ago. I looked everywhere for her too but to no avail. I am afraid she is in kitty heaven. Your Munchie looks just like our Bubba kitty. I wonder if they are distant relatives?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Yuo are neber boringk.
you wirite we will raed..
I hope Munchie comes beck!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

10:56 AM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I've been in blogging slump too so I understand completely.

My sympathies regarding your missing kitty. I have 2 and have had cats all my life. It's never easy to lose one of your furkids.

Love and hugs,

Diane

12:27 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I was missing Clarence last night at bed time...I layed down and thought about it and went back downstairs and checked the mud-room...sure enough he had got locked in there. He's never been outside by himself...this street is way to busy, he would be road kill fer sure!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Rachel,
I'm so sorry about your kitty. I never find your posts boring, but I do understand that feeling. I actually feel that each time I post something and wonder who on earth will want to read this!
xo

4:16 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Rachel:-) Glad to see you posting, I was getting a bit worried too but then I know how hard it is to blog in the summertime! Awww, poor Munchie, I'm so sorry to hear he's missing...don't lose hope, though, he may still show up one day! As for boring us? NEVER! Take care my friend! xoxo

6:29 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

So sorry about your cat. Maybe someone took him in.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

WHAT? You have another Cliff in your life?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

A little behind --- ha, ha, ha.

Poor Munchie. She may be in Cat Paradise now.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter