Tuesday, June 19, 2007

BOLOGNA CHEESE MAYO VADILLA YELLOW TOMATO

We just had a wonderful wonderful RAIN!!!! YIPPEE!!! I know every growing thing is having a party now as they soak up all that good moisture that we have needed for so long. I sat on the porch and watched and just gave thanks to God for sending it. I did consider dancing in the rain but decided against that!

Last night, and it was pretty late, I ate a sandwich. Never a good idea to do that. I decided I wanted a bologna, cheese, mayo, vadilla onion, and yellow tomato sandwich. Ah, it was good. Now I'm not much of a bologna eater but when you have the vadillas and the wonderful yellow tomato (which tasted like homegrown and I got from the stand at the end of our road, so it might have been), well that just makes all the difference in the world. It's never a good idea to eat late like that. Afterwards I was reading and soon fell asleep. I can't remember now what I dreamed but it was crazy! When I woke up the dream was fresh on my mind and I vowed I would blog about it. I went back to sleep and can't remember it now. For you readers, that's probably a good thing!

10 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Do you think the sandwich gave you a vivid dream? I was so happy to read that your cat came home!!
xo

10:53 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I have crazy dreams a lot. I rarely eat anything late at night.. My dreams always seem so real when I wake up, but I'm like you.....after a while I can't tell you what they were. I guess I should write them down at soon as I wake up.....I did that one time for a long period of time. Wish I knew how to interpet dreams.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
I usually have weird dreams when I don't eat in the evening - that includes dinner. But that is okay cause I don't remember much about them the next day anyway.
I wake up in the middle of night and have some thoughts about work or whatever and I would lose those by morning as well. So, I tried keeping aq pad of paper and pencil by the bed. Wake up, have one of those thoughts, write it down, go back to sleep. That didn't last. I got tired of spending the first hour of every day trying to read my own handwriting. Maybe I'll get a tape recorder.
Ralph

3:36 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Yup, sometimes eating late at night makes you have weird dreams, depending on what you eat! Oh Rachel, I was soooo very happy to hear that your cat came home...I can just imagine how shocked you were to see him standing there after being gone for almost a week!! xoxo

5:53 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...I must say that Sandwich did sound quite good, but....If I had eaten it that late...OHHHH Would I be in trouble....lol!

I have been taking pictures RachellllSuch pretty flowers...FABULOUS!
They will appear on my blog, for sure....I just don't know when...!
Hugs To You!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I really think you should share some of that rain! And that sandwich sounds pretty good too. LOL

6:05 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Perhaps we should be thankful for small mercy's Rachel.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I rarely remember my dreams. The other night though, I dreamed I was forcing a lady who was terrified of waterslides to go down a waterslide. It was such a crazy dream, but it seemed so serious while I was dreaming it.

Mayo is the food of the devil. It is hitonious.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

We only got a sprinkle. Maybe that's why I dream so much...I always eat late at night. hehehe

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, most excellent. I am happy to admit that I still love to play and dance in the rain! You should have done it!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter