Thursday, October 11, 2007

Belated Blogiversary and Falling Gracefully




My blogiversary passed by and I missed it. My first post was on Oct. 2, 2005. It simply said, "Here is my first entry in my new blog." Mainly I was just trying it out to see if it all worked. It did and I did my next post on Oct. 5, 2005. My first commenter was Cliff. I had found his blog somehow, just searching I guess, and so I had to sign up in order to leave comments on his blog. That was the beginning of it all. Who knew where this blogging would lead. It has been wonderful and I have met some wonderful, great, terrific, charming, sweet, kind, generous, smart, creative, and talented folks from all over!! If you are any of those things then I'm talking about you!! It's been great and I'm really glad I started blogging. The bloggers I have met in person have been wonderful and I'm looking forward to Blogstock 08 when I'll get to meet some more! Maybe I'll manage to meet some before then. Who knows?
We finally got cooler temperatures. Today was in the 60's and windy. Kind of chilly when you are used to it being in the 90's. I saw lots of people out that had on jackets today! Not me. I was glad to see the cooler temps. I was walking the dog down the road and a car came by so I got off to the edge of the road in the edge of a driveway. I stumped my toe on a raised piece of concrete and fell quick as a flash. First time I've fallen in a good while. The worse thing about falling, if you don't really hurt yourself that is, is the fact that one minute you are on your feet and the next minute you are on the ground. I fell arms first like I was sliding into base. You know how sometimes instead of sliding feet first, they take a leap and dive for it hands first. Well, that's what I looked like. I went down on my right side. The car sped on by so fast I doubt they even noticed that I had fell. As far as I can tell I didn't hurt anything but I guess I'll see how sore I am tomorrow. My right hand went plowing through the grass and so did my left one. Then I landed on my right hip. I got up and dusted my pants off and my hands and kept walking. I felt like I fell gracefully, if that's possible!

16 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Happy blogiversary!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took a little tumble the other day myself. Happened for the same reason a concrete sidewalk was raised because of a tree root. I was looking up instead of down and tripped over it - falling to the ground. Only thing that got hurt was my ego. Of course when I got up I was mad and blurted out, "Who the #$%^ planted that tree there?" Not a good thing for a forester to say.
Hope you're not too sore tomorrow.
Ralph

6:49 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy 2 year blogiversary, Rachel! ;-)

I guess if you had to fall you did it the right way. Hope you don't have any delayed injuries that show up later.

Have a good Friday!

Love and hugs,

Diane

7:21 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

happy anniversary...yee haw..

7:46 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Well, Happy Anniversary to your blog. I'm glad that you didn't get hurt sliding into base....Keep going lady bug.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Happy Blogiversary Rachel :)
That sounds like a nasty (but graceful fall) Hope you aren't too bruised or sore tomorrow.
xo

8:58 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

I never thought of celebrating a Blogiversary. Happy, happy to you!

Now, about the fall...did you wave your fist in the air at the driver and yell obsenities? And, what about the dog?

5:04 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

HAPPY HAPPY BLOGEVERSARY DEAR RACHEL....Isn't it amazing to think you have been blogging that long? I think it is fantastic! And I am so glad I met you through this amazing thing we call "the Internet"!

So sorry you fell, my dear, And I hope you didn't hurt yourself, too....Sometimes these things don't show up right away...Watch that Hip, my dear...Hopefully the only thing you hurt is yoir dignity...! (lol)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Did you quickly look about to see if anyone saw you lose your dignity??? Hoping no one saw you.
I usually let out a shout at the same time in anticipation of being hurt and feel like a fool when I am not.

Blog onward and upward!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Happy Blogversary to you my friend! You are a great blogger and friend!

I'm glad you weren't hurt. I hate to fall...I fell like that running from a dog once...turns out he was tied up and was not going to get me but I tripped over a rut in the yard and knocked the breath out of myself!

Love & Hugs to you!

4:06 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Happy Anniversary,
I feel like I've known you forever. I lurked for a year before I started my blog.
I assume that tripping over concrete leaves you with a bit more dignity than tripping over a toilet.

I think I drove through your part of the country earlier this week, if I wouldn't have been so sick I would have tracked you done - which means that I would have called Jerry for your phone number.

I'm happy to know you, I can't wait to meet you.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

You've got an award at my place...

3:56 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I can't remember what interupted my but I started reading this yesterday but didn't finish. Thanks for the mention and it has been a good run hasn't it. Yer a good'un Rachel.
Sorry about the fall and I'm so glad you didn't break something.
Baseball players wear sliding shorts to keep from banging up their thighs. Maybe... no , just watch your step.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Oh, you poor dear. It seems like the car would have seen you fall and if I had been passing I probably would have thought that I had hit you somehow and stopped to make sure that you were okay.

The first thing I do when I fall is look to see if anyone else saw me, then I start laughing or crying inside sometimes, depending on if I hurt myself or just my pride. Glad you fell gracefully.

Happy blogiversary to you. I have always forgotten to acknowledge my blogiversaries until months later and then it's too late. hehehe
Maybe I'll remember this year.

Thank you again for the belated birthday gifts. I blogged about them.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Happy Belated Blogiversary!

I'm so sorry you fell, but I would like to have seen it. Not that I would have laughed or anything, but I might have. ONLY after I saw that you weren't hurt.
I hope you ate a few truffles to ward off any soreness & bruising. Those little truffles are gooood medicine for ALL that ails you.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, happy belated blogaversary, glad to hear that your tumble was of the mildly hitonius type, trust all is well now.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Blogiversary!

Two years? Seems like only yesterday. Keep up the good work!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter