Wednesday, July 09, 2008

BLOGSTOCK08 Part 1

I'm back from Nebraska and Blogstock08. I must say that I had a great time. The Morrow's will certainly make you feel welcome at their home. I'm so glad I got to make this trip and meet all these wonderful bloggers! There was a lot of work that went into making this happen and I take my hat off to all involved and you know who you are!

First of all this was my first time flying so I've included this photo I took from the plane. I flew from Lexington to Memphis where I missed my next flight to Omaha, so I had to fly to St. Paul-Minneapolis Airport and then on to Omaha. I don't know why I missed my flight (I had plenty of time) but I guess I was just not paying close attention to where I should be when I should have been there! I did better with the rest of my flights! I thought I might be nervous being in a plane but it was quite an experience and I enjoyed each flight! I loved looking out at the clouds and everything below!





Here was Ralph on one of his favorite machines. I must say that after the mowing was done I have never seen a more manicured field and lawn. His mowing abilities are topped by no one! (Yes Ralph, you can now send me money for saying that). He really did enjoy mowing with this machine and if Cliff comes up with mowed areas in his cornfields then he need look no further than Ralph for the culprit! When Ralph got off this machine he was the color of dust. Totally.







Not sure what Cliff had been doing, but he has pruners and a bucket on the 4-wheeler. Looks like he's thinking about what chore he has to do next!








Here's Marilyn doing some landscaping out front.




Here is the float trailer before anything was done to it.


I have been very busy since I came home. I will post more pictures in my next part of Blogstock08. It was a real treat and I wish more could have come! You would have had a blast! Those Nebraska folks are mighty nice and friendly!


14 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Thanks for the kind words Rachel. Glad to hear you've made it back. You were superb help and a pleasure to have around. Come back any time.
Yes it was a blast.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

Enough about the well manicured lawn ... I will pay you to stop! Let's not make Ralph's head any BIGGER ... LOL I will never tell him, but it was the best looking farm for miles !



It was such a pleasure to get to know you,and thanks for all the help with the signs!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip. Welcome back home!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Welcome back. We missed you and your posts! Glad you enjoyed your trip and the plane ride. I love it when I get to fly into Lexington on a small plane. The horse farms in Kentucky are just beautiful from the air.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Welcome back Rachel. You have been missed. We see on Cliff's blog that you do lectures. Are you available for all events and just what is your topic? LOL So jealous of everyone and the fun that was had.

5:23 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Rachel,
I adored meeting you! I'm glad that you made it back safe and sound.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Glad you had such a great time! I have never flown before either!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend ahead.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
The check is in the mail.
Thanks for all your help with blogstock. It took a lot of people to make it happen but it was so worth it.
Glad you got home safe and sound.
Ralph

7:59 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Glad your first plane trip was such fun. Looking forward to hearing more about blogstock!
xo

8:48 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WELCOME HOME, Rachel...! I am anxious to see more pictures and to hear how many Bloggers were there, etc...!
Your first time in a plane...Well, CONGRATULATIONS, my dear! You had quite a few flights for aq First Timer...lol!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice meeting you , Rachel--glad you are safely home with many memories as you dutifully care for your loving husband---Robbie Morrow

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You deserved to have a nice vacation and to spend time with blog buddies.
I look forward to reading part 3 when you get around to posting it.
You are a dear friend, and I am so glad we are blog buddies!!!!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Yes, I wish I would have been there and I could slap myself silly for not going, but I just thought it might be too hot to ride on July 4th and I was wrong.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time and I sure enjoy looking at all the pictures of Blogstock and all the bloggers that I could have met.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Can't hardly wait for more!!!!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter