Friday, June 13, 2008

FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH

I really didn't think much about Friday the 13, but the day started off rough with my husband being confused. He started in at 7:00 a.m. calling for me. Normally at that time I'm still sleeping soundly. He said there was a horse in his bedroom. There was no convincing him otherwise. I was just thinking last night that it has been a pretty good while since he has had one of these confused times. I knew when I thought that, that I should bite my tongue! I'm hoping he'll wind down soon and go to sleep but there are no signs of it yet.

Earlier today I did go to the grocery and I saw this patch of newly planted tobacco, so I stopped for a picture.







Tonight I made us hamburgers for supper. I had fed my husband and I had just sat down to eat mine when I head it thunder and noticed how dark the clouds were. Soon the hamburger was forgotten as the wind was so hard.
Here's our Bradford pear trees after the storm.







11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a shame about those pear trees. Friday the 13th is taking its toll in many places.

8:00 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the tree (and the hamburger).

8:13 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

We've had some storms here and some rain and lightning. We still have thunder right now and more storms on the way. The rain is welcome, the broken limbs and leaves all over the place, not so much. I'm glad it didn't get any worse for your sake. The split trees are bad enough!

I just sent you an email thanking you for the package that arrived today. Thanks again, dear friend. :o)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Love and hugs,

Diane

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- Those pear trees had a rough time! I hope you have a nice neighbor who will cut this up for you and get it haulable for the trash pick up.

We will be going to Blogstock and the parade, see you there. Adi isn't up to all of what we will have to do so she stays with Karen and Billy.

Next time you go visit that choir director, take your camera so you can snap a cicada picture for us to see.
..

9:55 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AHHH- Rachel- I'm sorry about your pear tree! You sure didn't need that!


Hope your husband is settled down a little by now!

Hugs))


Junie

9:36 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Rachel,
Your poor pear trees! Sometimes the dry heat makes branches on our trees break too. Hope by the time your read this your husband's mind is a bit calmer and more settled.
xo

4:27 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Hi Rachel, sorry about the trees. Hope your husband is over the confusion. Not long ago Bill thought there were three delivery boys in our bed room. I listened to him talk to them about fifteen minutes before I ask him who he was talking to. He said if I couldn't see them, I was crazy.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

wow, you had a crazy storm. I hope we get rain tonight or tomorrow. The garden really needs it. Hope you hubby has a nice relaxing weekend.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Bradford Pears and Pecan trees just do not handle the wind well. I call them self-pruning trees.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Your poor husband and his confused spells. I am sure it is so frustrating to him when he's convinced of certain things, and it is very frustrating for you to have to try and stay patient as you try to tell him there is NOT a darned horse in the house!!
Bless you both.
I'm thinking of cooking hamburgers tonight.
Yummy!

3:26 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You have had quite a weekend, my dear Rachel...! Trees coming down and your dear husband having a confused time....I know that is hard...You are truly wonderful Rachel---you are so devoted to him. Bless You, My Dear!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter