Friday, May 30, 2008

How Bout Some Beans?

Jim gave me this nice award! Wasn't that sweet? Now I'm supposed to pick 5 bloggers to pass it on to. Okay, I'll pick Lucy, Cliff, Ralph, Sandy, and Jerry. Now I know you all are excited, especially you Cliff!! Haha!!




Vidalia onions are here!! Whoo-hoo!! I luv' em!!!





I saw this sign in a restaurant over in Monticello, KY! They had it painted on the outside of the window and I had to smile at it and take a picture to share!! I did not eat there, but I might have if I had seen this place first. I'll have to try it out sometime. We grew up on pinto beans and friend taters!! I had just eaten at another place that has the best fried catfish ever.


A friend told me about a friend of hers that was eating at a restaurant with her husband. They were having the pinto beans and cornbread. When they brought his bowl of beans he found 2 roaches in it. They called the waitress over and she apologized and then she asked this question, "Would you like another bowl of beans?"
That line just cracked me up!! I think I would have said, "Yes, and could I get 4 roaches this time instead of just two?"
The man instead said, "No, I don't want a thing."
What would you have said?

13 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I would have said YUCK, I want my money back!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I would have said, "Do these roaches cost extra, or do they come with the meal." Yuck!!! That's enough to turn you against beans!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Well Congratulations on your award. You are very deserving. Does Cliff feel the same about awards as he does about meme's?

I think I would have just gotten up and walked out.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

I would have said, "I am so out of here." or "Do you happen to make classic breakfast wraps in the morning" or something I can't post here.
Ralph

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I love your response to the roaches...that sounded just like what you would have said.heheheh
I don't think I'd ever go back and eat there again though.

Congratulations on your award. You are very deserving of this award. Also thanks for passing it on to me. I've never seen this award before. Most are re-runs but this is a new one. I'll post it proudly.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Thanks so much for the award, I'm honored.....You are now my best friend. Maybe I can get my daughter to show me how to put it on my side bar.

I LOVE onions! Down here in Texas we get the 1015's, which were developed by the people over at Texas A&M. I can't go a day without some onions in or on my food.

If I saw two roaches in my beans, I would never eat beans again and I would have asked for my money back!!! Oh Lord, just the thought of that makes me want to puke.

Thanks again for my lovely award.

1:28 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...That made me laugh too, Rachel....I like the idea of saying.."Now this time could I have four?" Horrible, really.

Vedalia Onions....Yum Yum! I hope you do eat at that place sometime Rachel, and review for us on your blog!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
I forgot to thank you for the award. Thanks.
This is the first blog award I have received.
Ralph

6:39 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Congratulations on your award! So well deserved.
We love Vidalia onions here. They're so much sweeter..
xo

4:58 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Roaches in the beans??!!!
I hope they got their money back.
And I REALLY hope they STOPPED serving those hitonious beans to other customers.
I would call the health department on them if that happened to me. I can understand a fly in your soup or even a hair, but roaches!!! No way!!
Fried taters... YUMMMMMY!!!!
I like them fried with onions.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Rachel,
Hey, thanks for the award.

About the roach, I guess it's like finding a worm in an apple. I'd rather find a whole one, rather than half.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

"Can I see the manager, please."

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award.
I love Vidalia Onions too!
I certainly wouldn't have wanted more beans.
I enjoyed my visit here and I am glad you visited me also.
Have a good day!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter