Thursday, May 22, 2008

????'s and Answers

First of all here is a piece of cake for all of you to divide. This is an ice cream cake that I got myself for my birthday yesterday. Now, no fighting!

Questions and Answers from an AARP Forum

Q: Where can men over the age of 60 find younger, sexy women who are interested in them?
A: Try a bookstore-------under fiction.
Q: What can a man do while his wife is going through menopause?
A: Keep busy. If you're handy with tools, you can finish the basement. When you are done you will have a place to live.
Q: How can you increase the heart rate of your 60+ year old husband?
A: Tell him you're pregnant.
Q: How can you avoid that terrible curse of the elderly-----wrinkles?
A: Take off your glasses.
Q: Why should 60+ year old people use valet parking?
A: Valets don't forget where they park your car.
Q: Is it common for 60+ year olds to have problems with short- term memory storage?
A: Storing memory is not a problem, retrieving it is a problem.
Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?
A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.
Q: Where should 60+ year olds look for eye glasses?
A: On their foreheads.
Q: What is the most common remark made by 60+ year olds when they enter antique stores?
A: "Gosh, I remember these."
******************************************

I thought these were cute. That one about building the basement reminds me of my friend who just recently told me that they fixed up the basement and when something is on TV that she wants to watch and he doesn't, she tells him to go to the basement and watch TV down there!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were really cute! Especially the one about wrinkles and taking off your glasses. I find that works for me. :-)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for sharing your birthday cake, it looks delish!
Funny questions from AARP. I can certainly relate to some of those :)
xo

9:46 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ WOW! That piece of cake looks the size of a refrigerator!! I must say... that I've been guilty of a couple of these! Ooooppps! I mean my dad was! ^wink^
~ jb///

10:36 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Thanks for the cake. It was delicious! I liked the ???? and answers. The one about the TV in the basement. That's where I go when I don't like the program he's watching. And sometimes I go there because I want to get away from the SOUND!!!! I know the neighbors probably don't even turn theirs on.....they can hear his.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Rachel, belated happy birthday!!!! The cake looks delish, wish I were there to really share in it. I hope to be able to get to blogstock 08, but things aren't looking too good at the moment. I may have to attend a tournament for my middle son, I think it is local, but goodness knows, momma must attend. And the cost of the trip may send our budget over the edge! I am trying to find a way to do it though, we will see as it gets closer. Now iwth the airlines trying to charge passangers for bringing one bag, not a second, but one! I really am not so sure what to expect, the drive would kill me, and hubby won't make the trip. Cross your fingers that it comes together!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Loved the AARP Q&As, especially since I'm in that demographic.

Can I lick the screen?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Rachel, your cake lools yummmmm! Happy Birthday, lady! I love all of those sayings about 60+ people. They only problem is that I will be there in another two years....If I don't write something down, I forget it in a flash.

Fred, Please clean the screen before you lick it.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

xnncWell shoot. I should have sent you a cake. I hope you had a good one.
Good jokes here for sure. I just wish some of them weren't so true.
btw I get sent to the kitchen when we need to watch two different shows. Which happens often.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh, poo! I'm very late in wishing you a Happy Birthday!!!
I would love to have sat with you and had some of that cake. I like the serving size of that piece you showed. Small, skinny slivers of cake just won't do!!
Those questions & answers are so funny!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

These are fantastic! BTW, thanks for the yummy, triple layer cake. It was a good snack to munch on while reading these goodies. I loved the first one about the bookstore..."under fiction." haha

5:22 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Oh my gosh....did you have to post all of my faults. Jimmy & I seem to be guilty of most of these. hehehe

That cake looks delicious, but all that was left by the time I arrived were crumbs,LOL.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter