Thursday, July 10, 2008

BLOGSTOCK08 Part 2

There was a lot of work that went into Blogstock08. I wanted to show some pictures of the float being put together and some pictures I took before the parade.

Here is Desiree making yet another sign. She worked tirelessly at doing the writing for all the many signs that we made. We had signs that were like Burma Shave signs posted all along the road coming in. I do hope someone will post pictures of them eventually. I did not take any pictures of the signs. I did take over 200 pictures on this trip though!

Each blogger got a goodie bag and here they all are ready and waiting. Pretty aren't they?








Here's Char cooking up....cherries!!







This is Ralph and Cliff as they were building the float frame. Here, you can't tell it from this angle, but they were laughing so hard. It seems that Ralph was in a difficult position and was making a face and Cliff said he hadn't seen a face like that since Marilyn gave birth! Then they both got tickled.







The next pictures show the work on the float as it progressed along. Here is Marilyn and Mrs. Jim.


























I'm not doing pictures of the parade. If you want pictures of that just check out
LZ Blogger's page. He has so many great pictures!
This is the back of our float!









I made two posters here at home and folded them up and put them in the bottom of my luggage. This is one of them, on the left.










The float is finished! Kind of looks like Nora is holding it up there!!











Here is Nora, Courtney (Jamie Dawn's daughter), Jamie Dawn, and Jerry. Uhhh...Jerry? Where are your beads???












Here's Jim and Janell with their great smiles!













Here is LZ Blogger and his lovely wife!














We went to this winery for lunch after the parade. It was very nice and a lovely place with a nice deck which we ate on.


I'll have a third part of Blogstock08 coming up!!

18 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!! I've so enjoyed looking at all the pictures and reading about the fabulous time you had:-) I sure wish I could have been there!! I can well imagine all the work that went into making Blogstock a complete success. Love the float as well. By the way, welcome home:-) xoxo

4:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, great commentary on our Blogstock '08. Thanks for putting on my picture with Janell.
I put up a little post on that evening when we got back to the motel. It took a long time (1:34 AM next morning).

We are just back this Thursday evening from Colorado. We also have had a great vacation.
My (first) Blogstock '08 post is here:
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-about-driving-900-miles-to-meet.html

Check you later, I just making a few rounds this evening.

I'm glad you had a nice time. I didn't know about your missing the plane connection.
..

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

More than 'glad you had a nice time,'
IT WAS SO NICE TO MEET YOU. YOU ARE SO NICE, CORDIAL AND FRIENDLY, JUST A TRUE 'SOUTHERN LADY.'
..

4:42 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

What a fun time you all had! I truly missed out on a big event. I've been hearing about this "Blogstock" for over a year now and thought MAYBE I could make it. Well, there's always next year. I'm glad you had a great time!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Welcome home, Rachel! I read both Blogstock posts and it looks like y'all had a great time of it.

So far I've met 3 of my blogging buddies and each time we hit if off in real life just as we did on our blogs.

Happy Friday and weekend. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

7:57 PM  
Blogger Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

Great part two, I have not posted yet. I have been haveing too much fun reading all the posts.

Great Stuff !

9:00 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

You got some really nice pictures at Blogstock. The float must have been fun to work on.
I'm sure all had a great time and made some wonderful memories too.
Thanks for posting the pictures. Its especially nice for those of us who couldn't be there.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Another good one Rachel. All I can do when I read these is smile.
Ralph

9:29 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Great post! I'm still working on mine- I'm buried in photographs.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm enjoying your version of Blogstock.
I'm going to read part 1 now.
It was so wonderful to see you again!!!!!!!

11:12 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That Float is pretty Amazing! It looks like you all were having a GRAND Time! And you got tomeet Jamie Dawn's daughter Courtney, this time round...HOORAY!
I am going oveer to see the other pictures on the Blogger you mentioned!
I'm so happy for you Rachel, that you got to go! I am asuming your Husbamd faired well while you were away...!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Good stuff again Rachel..Thanks for the mentions and it WAS a great time.
Better get over to JD's. She must have got in to the booze when she got home and wrote a post about Blogstock.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I didn't know about you missing your plane and perhaps it wasn't even your fault. Your first flight might have arrived late.

Can't wait to see more pictures of Blogstock 08.

10:39 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Rachel,


I am really enjoying reading about Blogstock-lol- all the versions! hahaha


I would have loved meeting all of you folks!



Junie

12:09 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I am soooo glad that you had such fun at blogstock....If they do it again next year, I will find a way to come, somehow.....

2:00 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Can't harly wait once again!!!!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! Glad your back and I am very happy that you had a great time at blogstock. You deserved it. Can't wait to hear and see more. Lisa

5:12 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Rachel,
I enjoyed all your photos. Looks like everyone had a great time. I had visited LZ earlier and saw the parade photos.
Also loved your photo from the plane!
xo

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter