The Wind Doth Blow
Yesterday was windy. Very windy. We lost electricity for about 6 hours. I am totally unprepared for such events. No electric. No telephone. No computer. I lit candles but the flashlights worked best for me. We did not have any damage to our property, thankfully. The picture below is from our local paper and this is the roof from a building just a little over a mile from us. There was some other roof damage reported around the county and trees down. I'm just so thankful we didn't get the tornado's like OK got. They were hit hard.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2009 when....
1. You accidentally enter your pin on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
14. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.