Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Boating


I took a walk over the hill to the lake. The water level is really down right now. You can see how low it is in the picture. Even though it's nippy outside, when you're in a houseboat you can still have all the comforts of home and still be on the lake! My husband never cared that much for boating but I think it's fun. We thought seriously about buying a boat a few years ago. A friend of mine, who does have a boat, told me that owning a boat was like having a hole in the water that you just pour your money into! Well, I know it's a luxury but it depends on what kind you have and what you use it for. I know he still seems to use his often enough! During the summer the lake is very busy with all kinds of boats and jet ski's. The houseboats have their music going, and laughter and splashing is the most usual sounds we hear, besides the boat motors! Then you can smell the charcoal as they cook out on the deck! We live close to a marina so there are houseboats that stay moored below us all the time. They never take most of them out at all. They just come to them and have a good time! If you can afford it and enjoy it, it sounds like a plan to me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

You need a houseboat. No doubt about it. We've boated off and on all of my life. Great family activity.

7:35 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Very nice. What's the name of this lake? Where is this place?

7:41 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It is Lake Cumberland in Kentucky!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Not owning a boat I can tell you I have always wanted to. The times I have been out on them have always been so much fun. I can't imagine having a boat and not taking it out like some of the people you wrote about - that seems like a waste to me. Nice post.
Ralph

2:57 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh, it sounds great!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter