Thursday, October 20, 2005

Letting off Steam


I have been feeding some stray kittens at an old barn by the side of the road. One day while coming back from church I saw a kitten by the road going through some fast food garbage someone had tossed out their window (litterbugs). I went straight to the store and got some cat food and took back down there. When I went into the barn and called, "Kitty, kitty, kitty," there was 5 came running to me! Three adults and 2 kittens. They were so hungry! So each day I have been going down to take food and water to them. There is an old house there and the owners are elderly and have moved away into a new house. They have leased out the farm. Anyway, it's isolated enough that at night anyone could easily drop off animals there. Since I've been feeding them 2 have been killed by cars. The barn is only about 50-60 feet from the road. Then one day there was another one there. What I'd call a teenage cat! Then low and behold I go down there and someone had dropped a momma cat with 4 babies! They were all healthy and friendly. Cutiest little kittens you ever saw!! Two were born with no tails and they are all adorable. It just makes me so mad that people don't take care of their animals and get them spayed/neutered. Then when this happens and there are kittens they just take them out and drop them off. Just like that, they wipe their hands of them. I just don't understand people. They shouldn't get pets in the first place if they have no intention of taking care of them.

Well, I just needed to get it off my chest and vent!! I don't understand a whole lot of what people do though. I get mad when I see all the trash people toss out. Why can't they take it home and put it in their own trash? Even tossing out cigarette butts is being a litterbug. Stop at a stop light and be in the turning lane and just look down at all the butts in the median!

Okay, enough ranting and raving for today! I feel better now!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

I would agree. We are feeding about 30 to40 cats but they're working for us here on the farm. Haven't seen a rat or mouse for years. (excepting the ones I've seen in a cat's mouth) good blog

4:24 AM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

We feed a bunch of strays too. Wouldn't have it any other way. They get quite a buffet too. I'll feed an animal any day and would go without for myself. They cannot help for the ignorance of humans. I totally agree with you on what you wrote.

11:36 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Couldn't agree more Rachel...I don't understand people either. Good for you for feeing these dear little kitty's! Love this post!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter