Friday, October 28, 2005

Two Trips in One!

Back when I was a teenager I did some goofy things. Well, actually I have done a lot of goofy things but this one I was telling someone about just recently and brought it back to mind. I'll just stick to this one for today!! My two cousins and I were very close. They were both girls and both a little younger than me. One evening the older one, Brenda, was going to the drive-in with her boyfriend. Her sister, Joy, decided that she and I should go with them but hide in the trunk and sneak in that way so we wouldn't have to pay. She had done this before and said it was no big deal. After some talking I agreed to the plan. We got in the car and left. A few miles before we got to the drive-in her boyfriend pulled the car off a side road and Joy and I got into the trunk. He slammed the trunk down and off we went again. I said, "Gosh it's so dark in here." She said, "Yeah, it's just like being in a coffin." Well, I had thought nothing about any of that stuff before then! I said, "I don't think I like this!" She said, "Oh Rachel, it'll be fine as long as nobody hits us in the ass-end." Well that really did it for me!! I was scared half to death for the rest of the drive thinking someone might hit us in the ass-end and knowing that the gas tank was right under us. I vowed then and there that if the Good Lord would let me live through this that I would never do it again! He kept us from harm and we sneaked in with no hitches. I can't even recall the movie we saw! But that was two trips in the trunk for me -- the first and the last!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

You naughty girl. A drive-in is aging you a bit.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Cliff, there is still a drive-in a mile from us! Yeah, they are pretty much a thing of the past though. I just wonder how much longer this one will go on.

8:48 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a great story Rachel...I did not think of the horrible dangers until you wrote of them. Good Lord! Very Scary! You might have been toast, as they say! I've never been to a drive-in and never been in a trunk either, I'm happy to say!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter