Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Candy Cane Cookies

I have been baking cookies tonight. I saw someone on Food Network making these and I thought they looked different so I wanted to try them. Very Christmasy cookies!
This is a picture before they went in the oven

The dough was VERY hard to stir up. I used the electric mixer but it barely had the strength to turn in the dough. It was very hard rolling them out and twisting the two doughs together at first, but the more I made the easier it got. The dough works better if it is cool. Larger is not better. My first ones were real big and so naturally they break easily, so smaller ones work better.

This is how they looked when they came out of the oven


That was my cooking adventure for tonight. Wish everyone could reach in and try one.

10 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Looks good enough to eat! Wish I could reach in and try one...I love that you made these very Colorful and Cristmassy Cand Cane Cookies! (THAT is fun to write and to say! lol)

1:27 AM  
Blogger Ontario Wanderer said...

Any chance of the recipe?

2:30 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Do you still have my address? If you sent them Overnight Express, they would still be fress when they got to me.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Yummy- and Cliff has the right idea. ;)

5:54 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Looks delicious!
Love the recipe, too!

Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog today!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look yummy. I enjoy the blog ( I got here from Jim's Place)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

They look edible. I'd eat one..

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As if I don't have enough real food in person to tempt me. Now I've got cyber food tempting me. It looks decadent. You're the devil, Miss Rachel.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I wish I could reach in and taste one too!
Thanks for posting the recipe. I got another Christmas treat recipe from a fellow blogger. I plan to have a Christmas Eve bake session with my family. It will be fun! We will bake several different goodies. I can hardly wait to eat them.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are cute!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter