Saturday, January 21, 2006

Ramblings

Yesterday I posted about Classes for Men. Now Yoderman has posted "Free Classes for Women" at his site. Check it out!

Ohhhh! I have finally figured out this link thing too. Woo hoo!!

Today was another pretty day. It was sunny but the wind was a little cool. I took a walk with the dog and I took some pictures along the way.
These two guys fishing were trying to catch the big one no doubt!

You can see in the other photo just how low the lake is right now. If I walk down to the water from our house I can almost jump onto the first houseboat docked there, it is so close!

This tree was pretty interesting looking up into it's branches so I thought I'd share that picture with everyone. In the other picture if you look real close you can see the little green buds of the daffodils poking up through the ground! It's too early but it's been so warm this year.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- I'm glad you had a nice walk. Walks are fun and when alone you can do a lot of thinking. Just thinking.
Our lake, Lake Conroe, is way down too. The dam was damaged by huricane Rita. It is earthen except for the spillway and a lot of the big boulders washed off because of the high waves.
Some of your money is helping fix it. By summer it will be ready to fill back up, but that is our dry spell.
..

6:38 PM  
Blogger Tracy S said...

Great pictures..They made me homesick for Kentucky ...Thanks for sharing they made my day :)

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. I think I got all caught up with you now. I had a good chuckle at the men's classes list and even shared them with my hubby, who seemed to appreciate them as well. I also enjoyed the wine joke. The pictures of Jesus are beautiful. I have seen them before, but oftentimes I think we forget that Jesus probably smiled quite a lot! Hope you are having a nice weekend :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

For me these pictures represent serenity.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Viamarie said...

How I wish I had a place just like this near my home. Where I live, we have to take a car which is around 2-3 hrs drive just to enjoy this peaceful environment.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Those are great pictures. The tree picture is absolutely great. Glad you got out for a walk.
Ralph

6:37 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Rachael...I love these pictures...They are so provocotive...they really set a mood....and it's kind of a wintry feelin to me...That tree is amazing!!!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm up for an early spring. I haven't been fishing in a long time. I love to fish, so I need to do that for sure this spring or summer.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Rurality said...

I am torn between hoping that all the plants coming up early don't get hit by a freeze, and wanting it to freeze for about a week, to keep the bugs down!

5:11 AM  
Blogger David said...

Cool, cool pictures - winter pictures give us a totally different perspective on how we see our world.

Funny, but I talked today in my blog about how low our lakes are in the Austin area. We are not alone in our drought condition.

5:36 AM  
Blogger EV said...

I remember that tree from Alice in Wonderland!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Thanks for taking us on your walk with you Rachel. What if those two fishermen run out of beer. Did you offer them any??
Great photo's.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter