Thursday, February 09, 2006

Blah



This is pretty much how I feel today. I went to the doctor this morning. I have an ear infection. So I feel pretty yucky and have for about 3 days.

We got a wee bit of snow last night. It was so pretty falling. The snow reminded me of something my Dad told me about an Uncle of mine. This Uncle is another whole blog as he was a character! My Dad said one time my Uncle wished it would snow so deep that a man would have to climb a tree to use the bathroom (this was when we all still had outhouses). Dad said it snowed so much that night that it broke my Uncle's barn roof in. My Dad told him that's what he got for making old foolish wishes!

Okay a joke to finish this post off for today since a blanket and warm soup are calling my name;


The husband says to his wife, "You always carry my photo in your handbag to the office. Why?" She says, "When there is a problem, no matter how impossible, I look at your picture and the problem disappears."

He smirks and replies, "You see, how miraculous and powerful I am for you?" She calmly replies, "Yes, I see your picture and say to myself, '"What other problem can there be greater than this one?"

17 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You poor thing. I'm sure that ear infection is miserable. Take care and get lots of rest. I hope it goes away quickly.
Your uncle got more than he bargained for!!
Cute joke.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Glad that you went to the DOC. An ear infection is nothing to fool with, it can lead to other problems along the way if left untreated. Get better soon, and when you are, maybe you can tell us some more stories about your uncle!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Hope you get to feeling better! Cute kitty. :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Ha,ha..good joke.
The cat looks happy.
I hope you feel better soon..

8:06 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is the most adorable picture! Soooo sweet! I love it!
He is such a tiny little guy...how old is he?

I'm so sorry you are feeling punk Rachel...Ear infections care no fun at all...Do take very good care of yourself...I'm so glad you told is what is happening because I was getting worried about you, my dear...

12:49 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Cute joke! Feel better soon, Rachel.;)

4:29 AM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Hope you're feeling much better! "Blah" says it all. Love the joke, but the story about the uncle is terrific!

5:29 AM  
Blogger David said...

Hope the ear infection is better this Friday morning. Now about that joke - it could easily be turned around LOL.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great joke. It's hard to be funny when you're feeling bad. So get better soon. We need the humor.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! I hate ear infections. Last time I had one it hurt like H*LL! Take care of yourself. :o)

Adorable pic, by the way...

Good joke, too.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I hope you are feeling better today.
My Brother-in-law near Jackson, Tenn, says they are going to get one to four inches of snow today. You might get more?
..

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. I hope you are feeling better. Antibiotics are the best! Have a great weekend!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

I hope you're going better!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I hope this comment finds you feeling better!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Get Well Soon Rachel. Good joke btw.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I'm surprised that no one noticed that your cat caught your mouse.

2:10 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I hope you get better very soon!

What a funny joke! Love so much! Tomorrow I will put my husband's photo on my handbag, too! LOL! LOL!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter