Thursday, February 16, 2006

Last week I stopped and took these pictures. This place is right beside the road and if you step off that rock ...well..... as you see that would be the end of you! I didn't venture too close to the edge. This spot is about 1 1/2 miles from our house. That creek empties into the lake. It's quite a lovely view and the creek bends in both directions there.

In my last post I told about keeping my great niece on Monday since there was no school. On Valentine's Day, around dusky dark, I heard a knock at the door. My great niece was there with a box of candy, a box of cookies, and a single pink rose. She said it was from the family. She started down the sidewalk and she said, "I love you Aunt Rachel!" I told her that I loved her too. Gee, that was the perfect gift. My favorite is the rose of course and the fact that they thought about me and then her saying she loved me. Ah........

14 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

What a wonderful view that is. I bet in the early morning sunrise or at sunset, the reflection on the water is outstanding. Thanx for sharing.

4:17 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That's nice of your aunt. It's nice to know that are still people in this world who know how to show their gratitude in the good you do. Anyway, the rose is sooooooo lovely.

5:34 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

That was SO sweet! Makes it all worth while, doesn't it?

You are so blessed to have such a beautiful place to retreat to. I love sitting next to creeks and rivers. Something about the sound of flowing water.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

The beauty of the pictures are shadowed by that childs words. You are blessed.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

WOW! Two beautiful things in one post. YOu are a lucky woman there Rachel! The fact that you have such beauty in your life is great! Kiss that little girl for me, she is a winner!

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you too, Aunt Rachel!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

That is a great view but the story of the rose beats it. You are blessed.
Ralph

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, how precious that your great niece told you that she loves you. You must have really shown her a great time while she was visiting. Those pictures are really pretty. I'll bet it's beautiful when the trees have leaves. Have a great weekend Rachel!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Lovely pics.
That is so sweet to receive a pretty flower, some gifts & the best gift of all, "I love you."

2:57 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Is that ever sweet! :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Loved the pictures and the story.
If you don't want the cookies or chocolates I'll take them..

3:57 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is soooo sweet Rachel....
I love that they showed their appreciation in this very dear way...And Yummy chocolate, too!

Love those photo's too, Rachel...

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

You must have done everything right. But then in her eyes you can't do anything wrong.
She said 'thank you' and 'I love you' in a very nice way.
..

12:27 AM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Such a sweetheart! I could have loaned you a whirlwind of a puppy to entertain her, but she sounds like she had a wonderful time! Love the view down in to the creek. There's just something about streams in high places....

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter