Sunday, October 15, 2006

Country Doctor

How about that country doctor...

A young doctor had moved out to a small community to replace the retiring country doctor. The older doctor suggested the young one accompany him on his rounds so the community could become used to a new doctor.

At the first house a woman complained, "I've been a little sick to my stomach."The older doctor said, "Well, you've probably been overdoing the fresh fruit. Why not cut back on the amount you've been eating and see if that does the trick?"

As they left the younger man said, "You didn't even examine that woman. How did you arrive at your diagnosis so quickly?"

"I didn't have to. You noticed I dropped my stethoscope on the floor in there? When I bent over to pick it up, I noticed a half-dozen banana peels in the trash. That was what probably was making her sick."

"Huh," the younger doctor said, "pretty clever. I think I'll try that at the next house."

Arriving at the next house, they spent several minutes talking with a younger woman. She complained that she just didn't have the energy she once did. "I'm feeling terribly run down lately."

"You've probably been doing too much work for the church," the younger doctor told her. "Perhaps you should cut back a bit and see if that helps."

As they left, the elder doc said, "Your diagnosis is almost certainly correct, but how did you arrive at it?"

"Well, just as you did at the last house, I dropped my stethoscope and when I bent down to retrieve it, I saw the preacher under the bed."

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good story Rachel, I picked a good time for a return visit.

7:20 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL....Love This!
You have such a wonderful sense of humor Rachel...I really love it!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Nice one Rachel

6:31 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Great joke! Loved this...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I can't stop laughing Rachel...That was so funny. Great joke and that's one I think I can remember, in order to pass along.

3:52 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Cute one Rachel!!!
;-D

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..Great joke. I will have to share that one..

5:25 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Thats really very funny.

Like it I loved it.

Take care xx

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a clergyman, there are tales I could tell!!! Funny in retrospect. but terrifying in the moment. I trust the lady was a good housekeeper and dust bunnies were not attaching top the preacher's dark suit. . . .if he still had it on. lol

6:03 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Great story! I really liked it.

(P.S. Finally linked to you since I'm bothering you so much.)

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one, Rachel.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOL have copied this to bring to my mom...she loves jokes like this to tell her friends:-)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Good one, Rachel. It got a chuckle out of me.

9:40 PM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Cute story Rachel! I also like your basket from last post.

Happy belated Blogiversary!

7:37 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Great story! I'll be stealing it of course.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Good joke. I hadn't heard that one before.

Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting. I've never been to Kentucky. I have been to several parts of Tennessee, though. Is it a lot different from Tennessee?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Well aren't you the sly one Rachel. Funny stuff from the log cabin.

7:37 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Just funny, Rachel! LOL!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter