Friday, November 17, 2006

Dark Skies

This first picture was taken yesterday. It was windy and getting colder as the day went on. When this was taken it was still raining off and on. I was doing some shopping and took this when I got back in my car. I'm not a big shopper but I decided I needed a new outfit for the holidays. This store I was at was having a big sale, so that put me over the edge and I decided to go for it. I did get a lightweight jacket. I hate wearing a real heavy coat. I like the lightweight ones with hoods. This one was just what I had been looking for.



This second picture I took today. I see this car around quite often when I am out. Sometimes he is parked in the Walmart parking lot. This spot here he uses mostly I think. I don't think there was anyone in the car when I took this but I'm not sure. I have seen him when the weather is warmer sitting on the back of the car with hands folded as if he were praying. I don't know anything about this guy but I'll have to find out. I'll keep you posted on that. At least he is spreading the word, or trying to it seems like. The car is painted all over like that. It say's "Free Bibles" "I have the whole truth" "Please pull in" "Jesus is coming soon." I can't see that last sign to the far end of the car. All the little red flags behind there are at a car dealership across the street.

It's Friday evening. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and stays out of trouble!

11 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Staying out of trouble is no fun though! hehe Glad you found some good sales...I was gone Christmas shopping today too and found myself a top to wear on Christmas day at half price! That's quite the car that guy has!! Have a great weekend! xox

3:22 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

That car certainly is decorated. I haven't gone out shopping for Christmas (yet!) but have done some online shopping. Those skies do look a bit threatening..
Gray skies here too, though, no rain!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Painting his car like that will certainly reduce its resale value, ha,ha..

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I hit the button before I said , Does the city allow cars to be advertisements? Church signs work better....:)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

It would be very interesting to learn about this man. The reason he is doing this and his testimony. But be careful. Never can tell about people.
We have had a teriffic wind storm, many are still withpot power. One of my daughters hasn't had power since wednesday.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds and, if the car is any indication, looks like a bit of a fruit loop, exercise caution.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

Hey Rachel, we haven't ventured out to the stores as of yet, but have to soon. I am not one of those crazy shoppers who get on line at 3am to wait for the "door buster" sales on the day after THanksgiving. No way, that is nuts! Scott and I have a tradition, we go to the next county, to Fortunoff, used to be a reall high falutent store, but they have a great Christmas store right n the basement, it used to be in a seperate store, but anyhow, we walk around, buy a couple of overpriced ornaments a couple of nut crackers(Scott collects) and then go out for lunch. It seems corny, but last year, he was in the hospital having his hip replaced, we didn't go, and I missed it terribly. He says he did too. I reassured him that it didn't matter last year, but he felt so bad. Strange, how one thing can start your season off right, huh? It just seems that is what we do to "kick off" the Christmas season, so it will be official this year!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I don't know what that guy does for a living. I only know two occupations he isn't in. Collision repair and sign painting.
How about a pic of you in your spiffy outfit. Or did you just by the jacket??

5:13 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Your story reminded me of a time I pulled into a Pizza Hut parking lot. There was a limo with a sign in the window that said, "Will drive for food." The one below it said, "Jesus loves you." I met the driver inside the Pizza Hut (it was the only resturant open at that hour of the night). He was an "interesting" person to say the least.
Ralph

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Rachel...although this person has these signs painted on his car, you still need to be careful especially if he appears everywhere that you do. He might be stalking you.
Just be careful.

I have done most of my shopping online, but today I broke the bank when I attended a silent auction for a good cause. I found that I won several (too many) of my bids...OOPS

I honestly thought someone would outbid me.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter