Thursday, November 09, 2006

Leaves are falling......

The leaves have been falling like crazy. I went outside and swept them off the porch, ramp, steps, and sidewalk. They really need raking but when I looked up at the oak tree it still has many more leaves to fall. I am not fond of leaf raking so I prefer to do it only once. So I will wait until more have fallen. Then I will blow some and rake some, and over the hill they go. Perhaps between now and then a big gust of wind will come through and blow some of them across the road into the neighbors yard and they won't be my problem anymore. That is always a thought. It does happen. Sometimes the wind blows my way and I get lots of their leaves instead. It could go either way. Today was in the 70's. Very nice weather but will change in a day or so. Then more leaves will fall and it'll be cooler and I like raking them in cooler weather. Not 70 degree weather. Raking leaves is very physical and brings up a sweat, so best to do it on a cooler day.

A walk revealed this man trying to catch his dinner. I don't think you'd have much luck there. With all the driftwood in the water in that area I can see lots of getting the line tangled.

Here are two of my buddies. Chunkey Monkey, who is looking at me upside down. She is a sweet cat. Then Pup who is like my shadow. In this picture he is leaning against my knee. He can sit on his behind and beg for the longest time with the front paws just waving in the air together. So cute! Then if he has done something wrong and knows I'm mad at him he will come and sit on his behind and lean his paws on my knee and look at me with a sad pitiful expression. Then I just have to lean down and hug him and tell him how much I love him.



11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pets.
Maybe the man was fishing for firewood..

4:44 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Both such cute endearimg little animal pals!!! Love these pictures Rachel....they are both such sweet spirits, aren't they?

Two days ago it was 98 degrees and tonight about two hours ago it was 61 degrees....! Too big a jump if you ask me....!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Pets are just so darned adorable. How can anyone live without them?

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Wishing you a big wind to blow all those nasty leaves away. Enjoy the warm weather while you can.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Do you have a leaf blower? Just blow them when the neighbors are gone!
Mrs. Jim said Willie Nelson was on CMA only by recorded footage. Boo, Hiss, he is our favorite!
..

11:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hi Rachel,
No I haven't/won't forget about you. I have been terribly busy.
I did catch up on your blog and what I've missed.
I saw some of the CMA award show and caught the Vince G thing. Very good.
Let the leaves all fall off and then wait for a couple of really dry days and mow your lawn. They will disinegrate.
It's kind of like shredding cornstalks.
You are so fortunate to have your BIL with his plumbing abilities. Jobs like that are so very costly unless you can do it yourself.
Hope Hubby is feeling better.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I usually wait until ALL the leaves are finished falling before I rake them but then it's a bigger job so you can't win! lol Wonder if that man did end up catching a fish...by January they'll be ice fishing over here. Your kitty and puppy are just so darn cute!!! Have a wonderful weekend! xox

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Chunky Monkey and Pup are so cute and did Pup do something naughty? His paws are leaning on you.

Although we have a rake and leaf blower it is easier to mow them over and return them to the soil...they feed the grass that way. We prefer to let them blow over to the neighbors yard though but our fence catches them...ARGH

Don't work too hard.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Rachel, and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog just now. :-)

Your furkids are so cute! I have 2 cats myself, but our landlord won't allow dogs. Bummer. ;D

Hope you enjoy the recipes, and feel free to visit anytime. ;-)

9:06 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That's a very cute puppy. I guess we have Fall here after all but on certain trees. Our Narra tree usually starts dropping off her leaves this part of the year.
Thanks for passing by.

12:54 AM  
Blogger DellaB said...

Hi Rachel,
I just popped over from a comment you left on abandoned-in-pasadena's blog to say hello.

You might like to have a look at the help I have to rake the leaves! I've been blogging about my mate the scrub-turkey, he spends all day every day mulching the leaf-litter to dust...

Great blog, thanks... love your Sunday Signs...

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter