Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Rudolph The Red Nosed .............

Last night I watched the Country Music Awards. I used to keep up with them but I don't listen to the radio as much as I used to, so I don't know some of the new ones. Brooks and Dunn were big time winners. Ronnie Dunn is such a good singer though. He has an amazing voice. I was glad to see Sonny James and George Strait inducted into the hall of fame. I wish they would give the winners a little more time to say what they want to say without cutting them off, within reason of course! Normally I don't watch it but tape it, so I can fast forward through all the commercials. Vince Gill did an awesome song with Sheryl Crow, his wife Amy Grant, and daughter Gina. It was called "What You Give Away."

They had one group on there that I had never heard of called the "Wreckers." They were nominated for something. I didn't think they were good at all. I just about as soon heard an old rooster crowing than listen to them. I didn't think they had that much talent. I hope they are not related to anyone reading this. I mean no disrespect, but I just don't know how they got that far with singing like that.

Last week was a little different for me. It started out Monday with a water leak. I noticed our water bill had been a little bit higher and there was some water in the basement along the back wall. I called my brother-in-law. He came over on Monday at the same time that the VA doctor was here to see my husband. So I needed to be in there with my husband, but my BIL needed tools and I had to jump up and down and help him find things and then run back in the house. He located the leak easily enough. He is the one who put the lines in. He had to dig down 3 feet and there was a pinhole in the copper pipe. So he went for parts to fix it. While he was gone my husband got sick and began throwing up while the doctor was still here. I ran to get a cold cloth and there was no water. Naturally I had not thought I'd need any. His nausea and throwing up was not very major so it worked out okay. You sure do miss that water when it's not there though! He fixed the pipe and I was real grateful for that. If I would have had to call someone else it would have cost a fortune. I don't know how a copper pipe 3 feet below the ground gets a pinhole leak, but it can happen!

Later on in the week my washing machine died. Dead. Do not resusitate. I was not surprised since it was old and had been acting up. Sometimes I had to help it get started and sometimes it wouldn't spin. I got a new Maytag and they delivered it yesterday morning and took the old one away. This one is deeper and more open so it's easier to get clothes in and out of, plus it does a better job washing.

I went out and voted this morning. There was several in line. They had 2 voting machines, the ones they used before and then one with newer technology. I used it. Spin the dial to the one you want and push enter, then spin on around to the next one. After you were done there was a big red button that said, "Cast Ballot." I'm sure the candidates are eager to see how they did and tonight they will know if they are in or out.

Yesterday was a miserable day for me. My nose ran all day long. I must be built upside down. My nose runs and my feet smell. Well...no..my feet don't smell and normally my nose doesn't run. It made up for it yesterday. I hate that. It makes you feel awful and you can't do anything because you are busy blowing/wiping your nose. Today I feel better after taking every allergy pill I could find! I got my flu shot last week too.

So I'm hoping that all my blogger buddies are doing well and that they have non-runny noses. Today I could pass for Rudolph easily. Nuff said.

8 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I guess I haven't been reading you long enough to know that your husband was ill as well. Lucky for you that your BIL is handy.
Good to get a leak fixed...
I have a Maytag washer also (front loader) and I love it..

2:51 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Rudy!!! hehe Seriously, I'm sorry to hear that your allergies have been bothering you so much!! Nothing worse than a steady leaky nose!! So glad your BIL was able to fix that pipe...calling a plumber in would have cost a fortune!! I'm sure most of you Americans will be glad when the elections are done and over with...we are having municipal elections over here in Ontario and the campaigning is driving me bonkers!! You'll love your new Maytag washer:-)

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a lot of wetness in your post, ha,ha..
Hope the pipes are fixed, and your husband and you are feeling better, and your old washer was given a proper burial..

3:53 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I've been having the sneezy sniffles myself!!
Feeling purdy good thought...hope you get to feelin' better!!
:-D

5:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh My LOrdy....What a week...It feels like sometimes nothing goes right...! And on top of that Mercury is Retrograde...which effects communication and other things, too!
Your husband getting sick while the doctor was still there---that was a good thing, but having no water was an awful thing!! As an old friend of mine use to say..."If it isn't one thing, it's ten!" I'll drink to that....LOL
I hope this week will be a much better week for you my dear Ravhel...!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will probably get a look at the CMA awards sometime in the next week or so, seldom get direct coverage of things like that.
Like you I don't keep up with the music as much as I used to.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hey Rudolph...I hope you are feeling better and have caught up with your nose. hehehe. You said your nose was running, didn't you?

I love George Strait, but I don't have any CD's of his. I have a lot of downloaded songs by him on my pc though.

Did you say that you didn't like those music Wreckers? hehehe.

Jimmy is sick today, running a fever. He has kidney stones that sometimes block things up. He went to bed around 8pm so I have been catching up on my blog reading.

Hope you are feeling better.

Sandy

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Get you some Puffs Plus tissues (with aloe). They do the trick on a sore nose. Get better soon.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter