Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Friday's Child

Do you know which day of the week you were born on? I was born on a Friday. My Mother used to quote this little poem.

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny, blithe, good and gay.

Of course the child that was born on the Sabbath being gay, well that means lively and happy, not that other thing it means nowadays. This is a very old poem but I don't know who wrote it.

So which day were you born on?

Here's a joke for you.

Saturday morning I got up early, put on my long johns, dressed quietly, made my lunch, grabbed the dog, slipped quietly into the garage to hook the boat up to the truck, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.
There was snow mixed with the rain and the wind was blowing 50 mph. I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad throughout the day.
I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
She sleepily replied,
"Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that stuff.”

10 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

I'm a Thursday's Child...I have farrrrr to go!!
:-D
LoL at your joke!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I suppose someone has a website to tell one what day of the week you are born on. I have no idea about me.
The first time I heard that joke it involved a golfer. But all in all a great Joke Rachel.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Wednesday's child. I'm just so depressed about it..

The joke helped though,ha,ha..

7:50 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I am a Sunday's child. (bonny, blithe, good and gay)
At least I'd like to think so!
Loved the joke!
:)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Great joke Rachel. I don't know which day I was born on but should find out.
Ralph

7:48 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Good one, Rachel. Very good.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I was born on a Sunday so I'm sureeeee glad that "gay" doesn't mean what it means now!!! lol Loved the joke!! xox

5:05 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Rachel, it was in one of my nursery rhyme books as a child. My mom used to read it to me, great memories. When I could read, I read the poem to my dollies, neices and nephews. Thanks for bringing up this little poem, I may steal it for my blog, if I remember how! Computer savy I am not!

5:09 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL....GREAT JOKE! My laugh for the day...!

I think I was norn on a Saturday....I know there is some way to look that up...! Hmmmm.

5:47 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Or was it Wednesday...???
Oh Dear....I have to find out now!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter