Monday, February 26, 2007

Name Calling

Last night I was talking to someone and we were discussing funny names. I think I have blogged about funny names before, but not this particular name. The last names is Butte. They pronounce it "BUT", not like that city in Montana that is spelled the same way but pronounced differently. This gentleman said he was so thankful that his parents did not name him Harry!! He also said he always told his sons never to marry a woman named Rosie!!

Harry Butte and Rosie Butte!! Yeah, that would sure cause some problems!!

**********************************************
A very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walks into Wal-Mart with her two kids in tow, screaming obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

The Wal-Mart Greeter says, "Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you've got there - are they twins?"

The ugly woman stops screaming long enough to say, "Hell no they ain't, the oldest one, he's 9 and the younger one, she's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins?........ Do you really think they look alike?"

"No," replies the greeter. "I just couldn't believe that someone would have slept with you twice."

18 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Cute Walmart joke! It makes me crazy to see people verbally abusing their children..

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
That is a great joke. I think I saw that same lady at a fast food place earlier this week - she was yelling at her kids then as well.
Ralph

11:43 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

You are too funny Rachel!!!
:-D

2:50 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Oh my Rachael that was so funny. You are so funny. lol hehehehe Like it I bloody loved it. Now I will smile for the rest of the evening. hehehehe

Take care xx

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shared the joke and it got a loud laugh from all.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Hahahaha!
Funny
Huggles

5:58 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hee hee! ;D

I have NEWS to share, Rachel! We have a healthy new baby! Check out the pictures and the details on my blog when you get a chance.

Love and hugs,

Diane

6:09 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

ROFL love that WalMart joke!! I have to remember that one to tell my mom! lol xoxo

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Great jokes. I needed that.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was something else! Funny, funny! I'm gonna have to use that down the road.

Hey, thanks for stopping by the blog!

6:50 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL< LOL, LOL...A really good one Rachel....Thanks for my morning laugh! You always have the best jokes on your blog....Though this is more a "story", in a way....I mean I can see how this could actually happen! (lol)

10:55 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Hey Rachel,
Would you email me so I can re-capture your email address...I'm trying to build my address book back up...
kentucky_gal45@yahoo.com
thanks!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I went to school with kids whose surname was Butts. There was a Delbert and a David. Their sister was Trudie. I always felt sorry for them because of their name.
Your idea of Rosie and Harry, cracked me up. Oops, no pun intended!
The Walmart story is good. I have to share that one!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My parents had friends named Chuck and Sue. One time, they were introduced as Suck and Chew
Not as funny as Harry and Rosie Butte would be, though. :)

The sad thing about that Walmart joke is that I've seen some mean, hags just like that in Walmart before.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I never have must good to say about Wal-Mart, but in this case I'll make an exception. That was great!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Speaking of funny names. . . .
My favourite is in my pen pal of 40 years family. She married and became a "Virgin". Then she had the nerve to call her first born Emma. Emma Virgin sounds like a confession. Here mother did not think her name amusing at all!!!
I learned to keep my jokes to myself.

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha this is good and stuff, except you didn't come up with it :] they're stolen jokes

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

slidingthroughlife.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter