Thursday, February 08, 2007

6 Weird Things

Some time back I was tagged by Miki to do a meme of 6 weird things about me. Well, I have racked my brain trying to come up with 6 and it was hard!! I guess I'm pretty normal, but then some people that know me well might be able to pick out 6 weird things real quick!! Anyway, here they are.

1. I do not like my back uncovered. I don't even like wearing clothing that has a low back, even an inch or so. I feel like the wind is hitting my neck and I don't like that. I also have to have cover on me at night, even in the hottest weather, and even if it's just a sheet.

2. I am a shaker. That is.....shaking my legs. I guess it's a nervous habit but I just shake my leg, or legs, automatically without even thinking about it. I even do it in bed.

3. When I eat bananas I like to eat them from the side sometimes instead of in the "normal" way. Also, once you have taken a bite then if you take your tongue and stick right down in the middle of the banana it might split in 4 exact pieces. Try it sometime! Then you can be officially weird too!

4. I have some obsessive compulsive habits. This is not as bad as it used to be thankfully! I used to check the water to make sure it was off, and double check the stove to make sure it was off, and triple check the door to make sure it was locked before going to bed! Now I'll check the door a couple of times and that's it. I'm getting better!!

5. I like to eat mayo on hotdogs instead of mustard. I CAN eat them with mustard but mayo is by far better.

6. My fingers are double jointed. That's the only part of my body that is. Here are some photos of my hands. Also my finger as you can see in the picture is what I get when I stick it straight up ......or out. You can see it's definitely not straight!! Creepy, huh?

18 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I've never heard of the banana trick,!
I don't think I'd like mayo on hot dogs and Wow! You are doublejointed!
Fun meme!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm..in a weirdness meme contest you win hands down. Or whatever position you call that, ha,ha..

8:37 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wow you are weird!! LOL Just teasing! I so enjoyed your answers to this meme...I want to be weird too so I'll try that banana trick next time I'm eating one! lol That is so cool the way you are double jointed...I'd heard of it but never actually seen anyone that was! Hugs xoxo

8:49 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- I already had my mind made up. You were going to be weird in a nice way. Don't let anybody tell you are nice and weird.
You can see I'm reading all my blog buds tonight and aren't going to post anything.

I'm glad about your lipoma not being cancerous. Adi has two of those under her right front leg. Her doc says if they grow or bother her he will remove them.
..

10:01 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, the only weird one to me are your fingers, and in truth, that's not too weird! (lol)...I can really get the "mayo" on a hot dog thing....I bet it is delicious!
The Banana thing is hilarious...I am going to try that and I'll get back to you!
Fun, Rachel...!

2:43 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Hmmmm....lots of info here Rach...lmbo!!!
:-D

11:55 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

My kids did the banana trick with their finger. I never tried it but I do have some bananas int he kitchen....
About your double jointed fingers. I would imagine that could come in handy at times.

1:48 PM  
Blogger EV said...

How can you eat a banana fromn the side? Does the end float?? j/k ;)

Have a super weekend!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You most certainly are double jointed....

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep your a weird one alright..heehee.

I might do this one.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I do the banana thing occasionally. And my fingers are the same way, but not so much these days with my arthritis.

I just can't do the mayo on hotdogs, though. Gotta be mustard for me.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. Hopefully I'll feel like posting something on Saturday. :-)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

You are not weird you are interesting and unique just like every one else. *smile
I will have to try the banana thing.
The double joint thing amazes me. Just think of the pranks you could pull.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

2:37 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Okay, I give up, you win. You are WEIRD. I wasn't sure about that until I saw the pic you put up representing your lump. I'm glad you are okay and just weird.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
Trying to get caught up on my reading this morning. First of all just read your previous post and I'm happy it was nothing serious. On a side note, I could have lived without the picture - I'm eating breakfast here!
I have to have my shoulder cover at night or I cannot sleep. Even a sheet but there has to be something on my shoulders.
I will try number three - sometime.
Ralph

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Hunnybunny eats mayo on his hotdogs, so that's not too weird.
But that double jointed thing? Now that is truly unusual.

I have one finger on my right hand that is and everytime I show my husband, he freaks out.

Ya'll staying warm? My neighbors still have unmelted snow in their yard!

9:29 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Wow Rachel what a great MEME. I loved it.....but the finger thing was a bit ewwwwwwwwwwww!!

Take care xx

3:18 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

I don't think these are weird at all! Well, maybe the banana thing! That could qualify!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Mayo on ANYthing is hitonoious!!
I DESPISE mayo!!!!

Cool fingers, Rachel. You could be a member of Cirque de Soliel.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter