Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mammograms



Well, I had my mammogram yesterday. That's about what mine looked like when they put them under that machine and mash them flat. Thankfully they did spring back to their original shape afterwards!! Teehee. Otherwise I'd be looking like the gal in the cartoon today!

I appreciate everyone's concern. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. A friend of mine said it was hopefully just a "pissed off lymph node." Hard to imagine any parts of our body getting pissed off though, isn't it?? Besides our tempers that is. I had to laugh when she said that!!

We are getting a few snow flurries today. Nothing big, just very fine stuff and very scare. I do feel like I'm getting a cold now, so I plan to stay in today and maybe watch some movies. We are supposed to get a blast of cold air and tonight is going down to 19. That's probably like a heat wave to some of you, but fairly cold for us, especially since it's been so warm. It is winter time though! We are bound to have a bout of the frigid temps sometime before winter is over.

**********************************************

A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was.

Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou shall not take the covers off thy neighbor's wife."

16 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Nice joke Rachel. We MIGHT get up to 40 degrees today - Let the heat wave begin!
Ralph

10:24 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Love the cartoon. Pretty true (as least they feel that way don't they!)
:)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Nice to see your sense of humor survived Rachel.

3:49 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That was really funny about the mammogram. I liked it.
Thanks for the visit.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

thinking of you now Rachel. You are in my thoughts here! I wouldn't be suprised if it isn't a "pissed off" lymph node, it won't be the first time. Your doc sounds like a good guy, though, sending you out for tests just to be sure. Keep me updated when the results come in! Love ya kiddo!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Can't say that I relate to mammos but I know what it's like to get the ole prostate exam. In fact, I told my doc to be careful for he was like the Star Ship Enterprise . . .he was going where no man had gone before!

7:47 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

I was just in the exam room last week for a pap re-test.......ahem....no fun...hopefully routine...yes...routine...once in about every 10 years I get the "abnormal but not cancerous cell" report.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I haven't had a mamogram in two and a half years....I suppose it is time for one...I have been having a little bit of pain under my right arm lately too...I don't feel anything hard but it is tender. I have gone to see the doctor several times with pain under my arm and each time it was a pulled muscle..I carry a heavy purse and occasionally it will pull the muscle under my arm...

I hate getting a mamogram...My pain is under the arm so how are they going to get that under the "squeezing plates"..? I suppose I had better schedule a mamogram too....Good luck! I'm praying for you.

PS. Go read this website, just in case... www.essiac-tea-herbal-remedies.com

9:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

The joke is always good advice.
I had a physical yesterday. I'll trade you one smashed body part for one violated prostate.
Hope the test is good.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOL love the cartoon! Hopefully you get your results real soon so that you can stop worrying!!! It's absolutely frigid here this morning and as I said in my post, I think I'm going into hibernation!! lol Hugs xoxo

6:47 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I am glad you are optimist and full of sense of humor. The cartoon is very funny! Good luck to you, my dear!

Thank you for your visit and nice words about São Paulo. About Copan Building, I do not think I could live in that big building with all the other 5000 folks, too! You know that due to the large number of residents, the city hall gave the building its own ZIP code?

Have a good weekend!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Love the joke and the cartoon is PERFECT!!!
Hope the results come back okay!!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cartoon is a scream! I'll have to remember that my body parts can get "pissed off". LOL! Here's hoping everything's fine.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I read your previous post to catch up on the whole story. I look forward to hearing good news!
Mammograms are one of those things we ladies just HAVE to do. No fun, for sure, but important.

You deserve several truffles, my flat boobed friend. That didn't come out right. By flat, I was referring to what the mammogram did to them. :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

mine feel "flat" for about a day afterwards...it is just amazing to me how flat they can squash them!!
:-D
Hoping for the best for you!!!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Nitrile Gloves said...

Even though medical air compressors are common throughout hospitals, they also are used by parents of really small children. Young children sometimes can have breathing problems with their windpipes or lungs, which makes it difficult to breathe.

nitrile gloves

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter