Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Skip a Dee, Zip a Dee.........

When I go into my husband's room each morning I usually go in singing a little song and dancing a bit. Anything to try and make him smile. This morning I went in singing, "Skip a dee doo dah, skip a dee ya, My oh my oh what a wonderful day. Plenty of sunshine heading my way, skip a dee do dah, skip a dee ya." No, I didn't go in skipping but I did go in swaying and waving my arms in tune with the music. This time he actually laughed. Now that made my day! I think the song is Zip, not Skip, but who cares? For those who don't know, my husband has had a couple of strokes and I take care of him. So it's always a joy if I can get him to smile for me, and getting some real laughter is a huge joy! He has two cousins that come to see him sometimes and they are both so funny. They have us both laughing. However, they haven't been able to come around for awhile due to their own illnesses.


It appears that winter is truly here. Sunday they are predicting a wintry mix. So far we have been lucky to miss the heavy rains, ice, and snow that many parts got.

See what I found? First time I have found a 4 leaf clover in a long, long time! Some folks that live down the road from us are in FL (where it's warm) and I am feeding their cats for them. They have quite a bit of clover in their yard and I was just walking along thinking about finding one and there it was! My Mother used to be quite good at finding 4 leaf clover and there are several pressed in the pages of her Bible.


This one looks like something took a little nip out of one of the leaves.
****************************
WOMEN'S REVENGE
" Cash, check or charge?" I asked, after folding items the woman wished to purchase.
As she fumbled for her wallet , I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.
"So, do you always carry your TV remote?" I asked.
"No," she replied, "but my husband refused to come shopping with me, and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally."

16 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

I sing to my Hubby to get him awake and sang the same song to the kids...they all loved it...NOT!!!
I sang Olive Oyle's Wake up little Rosebuddddddd...Waaaaaaaaaakee UPPPPPPPPPPP!!
:-D
BTW...I wanted to thank you for going to make a donation for Kelli...every little bit is going to help her out!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

And a skip/zip day to you Rachel, good to hear your efforts were rewarded.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Glad your Wake Up Song Put a Smile on his face!
:)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Rurality said...

Years ago my grandmother had some strokes too, and she didn't speak much after a certain point. I remember how I loved trying to make her smile! Those were really special smiles. :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Clare and Mike said...

I think that happy and positive actions are nearly always rewarded, here's hoping your husband continues to get better. Finding that four-leaf clover was a wonderful thing, a really good sign - you must be sending out really good 'karma'!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

Your husband is blessed to have such a cheerful wife. :) I am going to have to work on being more cheerful.

Kendra

6:13 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Well good on you for making the laughter come forth. I'll assume he was laughing at the song.
Now Rachel as for the alledged joke. NOT FUNNY. You could be jailed around here for doing something like that. A TV remote is sacred property of the man of the house. How Dare You. :}

6:29 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

NO one wants to hear me sing...not even me! lol How wonderful that you could get a laugh out of him:-) Ooooh a 4 leaf clover...like your mom, my mom always seemed to be able to find them easily! Hopefully it will mean this is your lucky year:-) Hugs xox

5:18 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

yjjhmfweRachel
You got him laughing? Sing that song tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, and the day after. . .
Good Job!! Keep singing.
Ralph

5:44 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Love that song. Your hubby is very blessed to have you!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

What a blessing you must be to each other! When I sing my kids cry!

7:20 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Oh my!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Womans revenge made me laugh out loud. I must send it to my girls.

10:19 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Very funny about the remote, Rachel...and I just noticed that you have "250" in your age category in your 'profile'...LOL....there are days I definitely feel like 250, myself....!
Great that you made your husband laugh, my dear...And what Good Luck finding a Four Leaf Clover...! I've never found one, ever.

12:50 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning! Actually, make that several laughs as I have not been here for a week or so. Sometimes life just gets so busy.........
Um, are you sure that they were magnolia blossums - not snow balls??????????????? :-D It was good to hear from you!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I like your version skippedy better than zippedy. What a wonderful post. I enjoyed it very much. You are wonderful!
Hugssssssss

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter