Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday So Soon

Another Friday and where does the time go? Seems that they roll around mighty quick. Friday is our trash pickup day. I usually have about 3 large bags. Amazing how we have so much trash. They don't like for you to have more than 4 bags I have been told. I have never tested this though. They say if you have too much they will add some more onto your bill. It's no problem for me to stick to that amount easily. Actually I didn't put it out last Friday and that's why I had more this time. On Christmas week they were running a day behind and I thought they were going to do the same for New Year's week, so I didn't put mine out, and then they ran after all.

Today was quite warm. No need for even a sweater. It sprinkled some off and on. I have raked leaves twice and the wind blew all the extras, and ones I missed, right around the heating unit at the back of the house. I raked them up and got rid of them this morning. So nice that Mother Nature blew them all right there for me! I am no fan of raking leaves.

I had to go this morning and this evening to help my neighbor give her cat some medicine. I have been after her to get the cat to the vet since before Christmas. I could hear the cat rattling in her chest, plus she is pretty skinny. My neighbor doesn't hear too good and hadn't heard her that much. Finally she took her to the vet and the cat has bronchitis. She was given an antibiotic to be given with a dropper. That cat is little but she sure doesn't like that stuff. I have to wrap her in a towel and hold her while she gives the medication and it's a struggle then.

Sure hope everyone has a wonderful, delightful, and fun-filled weekend!! Here's a cartoon I thought was cute!


13 Comments:

Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Well, it was nice to catch up on your doin's.

It's been warm and cloudy here all day. The weather geeks are calling for flooding rains Saturday and Sunday, as much as 6 inches. Yay! I can hardly wait. Then it's supposed to turn off cold after the rain moves out. I hope we finally have some winter around here.

Happy weekend, Rachel!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I recycle plastic so my garbage really doesn't look like much. I can't believe how much plastic the average person throws away. I recycle plastic milk and water jugs, liquid laundry bottles, juice bottles, and assorted other plastics. It really makes a difference in what my trash volume looks like.

It takes two of us when we have to give our cat a pill. I hold the cat and TF gives it the pill. She hates medicine and she fights with her life not to take it. Good luck with that cat.

6:02 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

I hope that you have a brilliant weekend Rachel.

I have missed my blogging buddies. I was AWOL over Christmas. lol

Take care xx

8:54 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Back attcha - have a super weekend, Rachel. We're in for a wintry mix the weekend, albeit nothing like further North. .... and it was almost 70 degrees yesterday!

9:30 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

LMBO at the cartoon!!!!
:-D

12:05 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Loved the cartoon!

We have a trash compactor and it probably smooshes 5 bags together by the time all is said and done. They charge by the bag for trash here so smooshin it helps.
I don't like to rake either. It is shovel time here.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

12:33 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Cat Handling Rule #1:
Everyone lets go at the SAME time!

Glad to hear about your tropical weather. Go ahead, rub our faces in it.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Time sure does go by fast, It always seems to be Friday to me.
I wish I had a little of your warm weather! It has been around 18 degrees here with ice & snow everyplace.
As my dad would have said, "It's colder than a well digger's hind end!"

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

LOL...great cartoon!
Love it.

Kendra

6:17 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Oooooh, a kitty with bronchitis. I feel for it.
Loved the joke.
We have had nothing but rain, rain, rain with more to come in the next few days. Drat, I want some darn snow.
We burn our trash yet in barrels. Cans and bottles go to the recycling place, free of charge. So do papers, etc. Yes, we are quite rural. Not for long though, more houses are coming. Drat again.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

We are allowed 3 bags of garbage a week here and I usually only have 2 bags so I'm safe! lol As you said, though, makes you wonder how one can accumulate so much garbage in just a week!

It's turned very cold here the last couple of days but supposed to get milder again during the week. Such crazy weather for January!!

Love that joke about the two old ladies...soooo funny! hehe

Hugs xoxo

7:22 AM  
Blogger Clare and Mike said...

Hi! Up until today we'd had such dreary, wet and windy weather but today, for the first time in ages, the sun shone! Of course, that meant it was colder - but you can't have everything I suppose! Poor pussycat - they can suddenly develop the most supreme strength when it comes to administering medicine - hope it recovers soon!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That cartoon is so funny! Nobody likes to hear a snoring butt!!

I hope your weekend was a good one.
Have a happy week!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter