Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sunny Saturday

It's a beautiful sunny Saturday here. A little cool but definitely not bad at all. Tomorrow they are saying we will have a wintry mix. Probably start off with some snow and end with rain. I am not complaining at all. So far we have had it very mild for this time of the year around here and missed all the heavy rain/ice/snow that other parts have gotten. Today there was an article in the paper showing a man standing in his yard with a plum tree in full white bloom.

Today I will attempt to make Moo Goo Gai Pan. I love to get that at Chinese restaurants but there is no where around here to get it (that's good anyway), so I found a recipe online and I'm going to try it later today. I'll let you know how that turns out.

**************************************************
A middle aged woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.While on the operating table, she had a near-death experience.Seeing God, she asked, "Is my time up?" God said,"No, you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face-lift, brow-lift, lip enhancement, boob job, liposuction, and a tummy tuck. After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While crossing the street on her way home, she was hit and killed by an ambulance.

Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 40 years? Why didn't you pull me out of the path of the ambulance?"

God replied, "Girrrl, I didn't even recognize you!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
That is a great joke!
Let's us know how the Moo Goo Gai Pan turns out!
I have enough snow and cold temperatures for you, me, and evryone who reads my blog. I'll post about temperatures tomorrow.
Ralph

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

LOL>..love that joke. that is great.
Its been REALLY cold here...not even in the 30's...and some snow...but I'm glad.
I lvoe the snow.

Kendra

10:20 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Glad to hear you missed most of the winter weather so far. Good luck with the Gai Pan! You are so breave!

Great Joke!
hahahaha!

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

11:51 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Rachel. As you were kind enough to visit and leave birthday greetings, I thought I would pop in and visit.

I'm sorry that your husband has had a stroke. It's lovely that you get him to laugh. It's obvious you love him very much and he's a lucky man.

Keep well.

2:49 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Weather is strange here too...I would love to see the picture of your moogoo...whatevah...lol!!
:-D

5:36 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL...Good one Rachel...I hope your Moo Goo came out delicious, my dear...

3:01 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

Hope that the Moo Goo Gai Pan was delish! The joke started my day in a very nice way, with laughter, love it! Have a great day Rachel!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I loveee Moo Goo Gai Pan but have never tried to make it myself...can't wait to hear if that recipe you found is any good! Love the joke! lol I'll make sure I never get a face list, just in case! hehe Hugs xoxo

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter