Friday, January 26, 2007

Introducing........






This is Miss White Lily. She just appeared here at the house some time back. I think she has been someone's inside cat and, for whatever reason, they put her out. She is a beautiful cat and very friendly. Feeling of her front toenails I think she has been declawed but she does have some tiny claws that have probably grown back. I hope she is spayed as well. So far so good and there is a tomcat that is here part of the time. She always hisses at him if she sees him. Good girl!! Miss White Lily has run in the house a couple of times when she got the chance. So with her being declawed and being so friendly that is why I think she has been someone's inside cat before. I can suspect why they got rid of her since she does have a bit of an attitude. While holding her and listening to her purr she may suddenly change it to a growl. I was rubbing her stomach and she grabbed me and bit hard. She latched onto my knuckle and it didn't break the skin but it sure put a dent in it! I hold her often and if she starts to growl I will put her down. I put a rug out the porch and she sleeps on it right by the door. Nevermind that there is a cat bed out there and another sleeping box for cats. She growls if I put her in them and jumps right out. I will continue to hold and pet and feed her. She is welcome to stay here.

************************************************************
Ed was In Trouble...
He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really angry. She told him, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 5 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!!"
The next morning Ed got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.
Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway and immediately began carefully disassembling it so nothing would be damaged in the process of uncrating the object. Eventually, she opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.
Ed has been missing since Friday.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Well Rachel, I like your new cat. Maybe you should whap her when she growls at you?
Thanks for the visit last night and tonight. I'm way behind on my blogging. I was going to lay low but it just doesn't work for me.
..

8:50 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

What a beautiful cat! Let me say first of all that anyone who would have a cat declawed and then have the audacity to put it outside with no way to defend itself should be shot. Twice. I'd growl too if someone ripped out my fingernails and I had to live that way. Make sure she has been spayed or you will end up with little furballs.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Cute fluffy cat. It does not look a stray at all unless it looked different when you first saw her.
You reminded me of a cat my mom had named white cat. She used to batt him off her bead with pillows becuase he would growl and bite when she tried to move him.
I am a little behind in my blog reads. I hope the lump is nothing.
I hope you feel better soon. Resting and movies sounds good.
I hate mammograms but I know they are a must. lol @ cartoon.
The heart cheesecakes look yummy!

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

6:29 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel -- Thanks for the visit, I hope you are feeling good and now just waiting for the doctor report.
Come back again for another peak, my blog has a picture now. Last night I didn't have Karen's permission to put on what I had written so I changed it for posting.
This morning she said it was fine so it is on now, after you looked.
It shows another aspect of my girl that you call 'Super Woman.'
..
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/
..

7:34 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Very cute Rachel....
And your NEW Sweetheart of a cat---Soooo pretty! I hope she evwntually stops growling and biting like that...With no claws, she must have been an indoor cat...Hard to survive out there in the wild with no claws! She sure is pretty, Rachel.

Thanks for your lovely comment my dear and for emailing the Walk Of Fame people....I am sure they will wonder why they are suddenly getting emails about Larry...!
I dearly hope Larry will finally get the 'star' he so deserves...! And thanks so very much for your help, my dear.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Miss White Lily is such a beautiful cat...look how gorgeously fluffy she is!! Cats will growl and bite like that when you touch a spot they don't like being touched. My future DIL has 3 cats and is an Animal Control Officer so she knows her cats...lol...anwyway, she has one cat that if you get too near her tummy she'll just snap and growl. Scratch her anywhere else and she's fine. If she was abandoned, then I'm glad she found you:-) Loved that joke! LOL Hugs xox

12:24 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

what a beautiful kitty!!
Clarence likes to chew on me but has never once given me a warning growl...YIKES! He is choosy about where he sleeps or goes...it all has to be his idea...must be a cat thang!!
How cruel of someone to declaw her then put her out...that was leaving her defenseless!! Grrr!!!!
loved the joke!!
:-D

12:33 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Beautiful Cat....I like her name too. My daughter had a goat one time named Lily Pad.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Miss White Lily is beautiful! I know that you will give her a good home!
Loved the 0-200 joke!
:)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Rachel, this is O/T but somewhere back in your blog, I read that your husband had two strokes. Is he still bedfast? My husband is sick also..... (for 13 years) I would like to write to you (off blog). My e-mail is crochetclara@aol.com

6:07 AM  
Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Beautiful cat! And I love her name (of course). You probably should go ahead and take her to the vet for rabies shots and to check that she has been spayed.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Strange that Ed hasn't been seen for a while Rachel.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

All my cats don't like to be touched at their belly and also become very angry, hissing, scratching and biting ! They also have their characters and just show us that they are not a toy, but still mini tigers ! But she really looks very beautiful and I hope she will become your PC (personal cat)
Why don't you join "Cats on Tuesday" ? now that you have a cat !

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cat! Is it named White Lily after the baking flour?

Loved the funny, too!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cat is really cute...tell me what name best suited for her... Ammy OR Lizza

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter