Tuesday, January 30, 2007

How Am I You Ask?

So how am I you ask? Oh, I'm fine. Thank you for asking!

It is going to be cold tonight. Going down to about 14. Sunday night got down to 11 degrees. My neighbor called me and said her pipes had frozen and burst. She wanted to know if I had one of those things to turn the water off at the meter. I told her that I always used a wrench. So I went over with my wrench to turn off her water. The guy that rents a back apartment from her was there when I got there and he was trying to turn it off. Oh man, the water was really gushing from the pipe alongside her house. Finally he got it shut off. She has one area just inside the wall that there is no room for insulation and they always left the water dripping in the tub to prevent freezing. Her renter did not do this and so therefore it had frozen and burst. I suggested that she might get some heat tape and have them put on it when they fixed it and that would solve her problem. She took that advice and had that done, so hopefully she won't have this problem again. She had told me just that day that she hoped her renter would leave the water dripping. She said, "I hate to remind him every time. For goodness sakes, he's 51 years old. You'd think he could remember that without me reminding him every time." Well, I reckon she should have reminded him since he didn't do it! But hopefully the heat tape will solve it. Now if they just remember to plug it in.......

On another note, I got a call from the doctor's office today and my mammograms were okay. That is good news! I still have the lump under my arm. I can't tell that it's changed at all. I'm still taking antibiotics and I have an appointment to see the surgeon (so he can look at my lump) next Tuesday. I think one of the "itis" boys is after me. You know, arthritis, osteoarthritis, bursitis, etc. If I mash on my left shoulder right on the bone it is sore. If I mash on my left elbow in a certain spot it is sore. My knees have creaked and popped for 25 years. I can no longer get down to squat without excruciating pain as I go down. I cannot stay there for more than a minute until I have to get up and I have the same excruciating pain on rising. My knees have been x-rayed and I have never been given a clear answer. I had them x-rayed 25 years ago and the doctor said, "Well it's something people usually grow out of and you have grown into it." Huh?? They suggest an anti-inflammatory, an aspirin, the heating pad, etc.

I told my husband I was too young to feel this damn old! Well, I guess I'm not so fine after all, but hey..... you did ask!!! Didn't you??

10 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Hey thanks for reminding me to say Rabbit Rabbit on the 1st! I'm afraid that I might have forgotten it this time!

Sorry about your health woes. Not fun. Not at all.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Brrr, that's really cold! We don't usually have to deal with broken pipes from freezing except on rare occasions.
Well, good news on the mammog. That at least is a very good thing!
:)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Brrr....
Stay warm.
Great news on the mammograms ^5
I hope the meds take care of the lump before the appointment.
Take care.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

9:26 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I would love a bit of the cold weather been up in the high 30s c or 90s f... but it does sound mighty cold...never dealt with freezing pipes at all, ever...

I do deal with crickety joints, swollen fingers etc., swimming is good...although hard to clomb the ladder to get out..

Good news with the results for the Mammogram..it always good to get them out of the way for two years..I just hate them tho'

9:52 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

What a relief to learn that your results were fine! Oh the joys of getting older eh? lol I'm starting to feel the aches and pains here and there...ugh!

Hopefully your friend won't have any more problems with the pipes...we get a lot of frozen water pipes around here because of our frigid temps in the winter time and that's what they always suggest we do...leave the water running, even if it's just a trickle.

Hugs xoxo

4:18 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
I really liked your comment, "I told my husband I was too young to feel this damn old!" Do what I do - blame it on the weather.
Ralph

9:58 AM  
Blogger EV said...

No kidding, that's too cool!!! I'm glad your test results were good - what a relief. Take care.

11:01 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

I'm so glad about your mammogram being OK...I was a tad worried!! My sister went through so much!! I can't wait for spring myself...then our aches and pains will be over!!
:-D

3:10 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I am glad to hear that your mammograms is Ok! Good news, Rachel! Great relief!
Many hugs!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the mammogram went well. I know that's a relief for you.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter