Friday, February 16, 2007

Roses


I got these lovely roses yesterday and I haven't figured out who sent them yet. There was no card or message. They were brought by UPS. There's 4 dozen delicate small roses! Just a very wonderful, thoughtful, and sweet surprise!! It just made my day!! I suppose eventually I'll find out who sent them, but if not then they did do a very nice and kind deed! They smell so nice too. If I had smellacomputer then you all could take a big whiff and suck in that fragrance!
*****************************************************************
An exasperated mother, whose son was always getting into mischief, finally asked him:"How do you expect to get into Heaven?"

The boy thought it over and said, "Well, I'll run in and out and in and out and keep slamming the door until St. Peter says, 'For Heaven's sake, Dylan, come in or stay out!'"
********************************************************

I had to share that joke when I read it. How many of us have heard that before?? I know I sure have when I was a kid, "For Heaven's sake Rachel, come in or stay out!" Oh, our poor parents!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Miki said...

Roses are my favorite, and my hubby sent me 1/2 dozen red ones for Valentine's day. A feat considering that the ice hail sleet and now, along with a little regular rain was mixed in. The delivery guy was funny about it though. He said, niethr rain nor sleet nor.... Glad that someone made your day, I can't take the credit though!

3:29 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

a secret admirer...hmmm!!
:-D

4:04 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Whoever sent you the lovely roses is a very sweet and thoughtful person or persons. I can't take the credit either, but I wish I would have thought of it myself for if anyone deserves roses on Valentine's Day...it certainly is YOU!!!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A secret admirer is cool. Unless the flowers were just delivered to the wrong house, ha,ha..

5:29 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

That is a great joke. Those roses are very nice.
Ralph

5:41 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Beautiful!
And I can tell that they smell lovely.

7:16 AM  
Blogger david santos said...

Helo!
Very nice
Tank you

7:53 AM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Beautiful roses. They're a curse to me though. Everytime I give them to a gal I'm dating it seems the relationshp heads "south" shortly there after, LOL. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that the hand picked flowers ended up being poisen oak, LOL. Just kidding on that part.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ummmm I think they had the wrong address...should have been delivered to me! hehe Oh well, I tried! lol Oh Rachel, they are truly gorgeous and it certainly would be driving me crazy not knowing who sent them! lol Enjoy them!! That joke was hilarious...yup can't remember saying those words that often! lol Hugs xoxo

12:46 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL Roses, my dear...I love that there are a few colors...don't you? It makes it more Spring like, especially with the Cold Cold Winter upon you there....! We are having summer weather here....it is truly lovely and warm and one would think it was July!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Those are sooooooo pretty! Good for you, you are very much loved!
My giver guess would be the church sign guy thanking you for all the publicity his handi-work gets!
..

6:02 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

What gorgeous roses! How sweet of someone to send them to you. :)

Hope all is well.

Kendra

6:54 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Cute funny. I remember hearing it when I was a child and I also remember saying it to my own children.
The roses are lovely. DO you have a secret admirer?

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow how beautiful. Lucky girl.

Cute joke too.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter