Thursday, April 26, 2007

Low Water, High Truck.




This is the water down below us. Well, actually if your look at the top of the tree line and see the occasional roof (I know, not seen very well in this photo), but anyway, our house is just about all the way to the left of the picture. You can see how far the lake is down. Now you have to walk down that little trail of docks and then from there I guess you call them on your cell phone to come and take you to your boat. This is a private boat club. You can see how low the water level is down. It seems strange to be down there walking on what was almost the bottom of the lake. Prior to the water being let down there was houseboats docked all along through here and around the bend. They pretty much ended right below our house. It will be a chore for the folks who come with lots of items to take to their houseboats to carry it all the way out there. They just this week got the electricity hooked up to the actual boat club office which is farther on down around the bend and can't be seen from here. They used our steps to go up and down the hill getting it hooked up. Looks better down there now all lit up at night, and even the Coke machine is lit up again.

I like trucks. I wouldn't mind having one but our garage is not large enough for a truck. They are really handy when you need to haul something. I saw this one and thought it was a real eyecatcher. I think I'd need a ladder to get in it though, or either take a running go and vault into it. I do love that color!

12 Comments:

Blogger nora leona said...

I'd give you a boost!

5:39 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

You NEED that truck! What a statement it would make... and why would you put it in a garage ;)

7:25 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is incredible to see what that lake looks like now, Rachel...Sad, too, isn't it? I know this has to have a domio effect, changing everything connected to the lake and the club and the boats, etc...

I LOVE that picture, btw...even if you cannot see some of what you spoke about...You get such a feeling about how the shore line that "was" is now...!

Great Truck..but you sure would need a small ladder! (lol)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, I hope they have only drained your lake to do some work on it or some such, and it comes back bigger-n-better.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'd definitely need a ladder or steps to get into that truck! I'm only 5'3", LOL! ;D It is pretty sharp, though.

The lake where I went fishing on Monday was drained for almost a year while they did some improvements and looked a lot like your lake at the time. The water is back up to normal levels now, though.

I never did get used to seeing that lake almost empty of water, though.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yes, this is a pretty truck. Too big for my tastes though.
I sold mine three years ago. It sat outside her for almost five years. Our deed restrictions are against leaving cars outside.
I hope you have water back in the lake before fall? I can't remember when you said?
..

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Truck!

4:55 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Yeah, I can see you in that truck, but a truck that looks like that is supposed to sit outside for the rest of the world to see, not be hidden in a garage. Carport, maybe?????
I do love your blog - but as you have seen from mine (and thanks for looking) I have been so blasted busy, I haven't had time to tell you how much I enjoy your postings. I copied the srticle on Miss America and gave it to a cousin who is the Activities Director at a local Continuing Care facility to put up on the bulletin board! I thought they might enjoy the restaurant article, too, but thought it might not look good on the bulletin board! LOL!
Hang in there! And thanks for the fun!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Oh, the lake looks pitiful. I hope the water rises again soon!!!!! I remember seeing pictures you posted when it was full.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wow, I can't get over how low the water level is there! I can imagine how much you enjoy seeing "life" again down there...true signs that summer is on its way:-) Love that truck too, let's go for a ride! hehe xoxo

4:08 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ SWEET RIDE! ~ lz///

6:38 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I would really feel safe in a truck like that. You need one and besides most people keep junk in their garages and their cars in their driveways.

I would never have dreamed that the lake is that low if I hadn't seen it here. I hope it doesn't take as long to repair the dam as was previously forcast, because the lake looked so pretty before.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter