Thursday, April 12, 2007

TALK TO THE ANIMALS, THEY TALK BACK

With this chilly weather I figured everyone would enjoy seeing some pretty flowers. It was chilly today, cloudy, and windy. Not a day that drew you outside. No sir-ree! Tonight is supposed to get to 31 and I hope maybe that'll be the end of the below freezing weather for this spring, but who knows? These pictures were taken last year. I just love the pretty blooms on the sage.






We had a neighbor who raised minature ponies. He sold the farm and moved. Just recently the new owners got a white horse. I'm so glad they got me something pretty to look at when I look up that way, and one of my favorite animals too! One of my other neighbors came by and we walked up to see the horse. It was on the other side of the field. I told her that I might be able to get it to come to us. I neighed like a horse and my neighbor looked at me like I had 3 heads! The horse tossed up his head and came galloping over to where we were and he neighed back! She said, "Well, I'll declare Rachel. You can talk to a horse!!"

I can't really talk to a horse since I have no idea what he said!

14 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Ohh-Ohh-horse pictures!!! Let me see... Let me see!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi there Dr Doolittle, fancy someone who can talk to the animals!!!!

1:22 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Love this Rachel...
I hope you will be taking some pictures of this new friend...And perhaps you will have some more conversations with him! (lol)

Love those flowers! I cannot believe you are still have this desperately cold weather!! I hope it warms up for you soon, my dear.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

Rachel, I'm cold to the bone. I thought I saw a snowflake last night. The flowers gave me a warm feeling. Thanks.
Glad you have a new horse friend! LOL

4:31 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
You said have just said that you could talk to horses. You should have neighed back. And then told your friends all he wanted to do was spread some gossip.
Ralph

10:17 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

This post made me think of Francis the Talking Mule...remember that? lol Your flower pictures certainly did make me smile at their beauty!! We're having snow flurries again today....sigh! Hopefully you'll get a picture of that horse...he sounds gorgeous!! Anxious to hear the conversation between you two! hehe xoxo

10:44 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

LOL...
Fantastic post...
I have that song in my head. She can walk with the animals, talk with the animals...
Thanks
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

10:44 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

That makes you the "horse Whisperer"...lol!
He probably thought you had some feed...where his picture btw??

11:11 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

How funny about the horse. Way to cute. I miss seeing the flowers. We have desert flowers but not the green grass that goes with them.

Take care xx

11:24 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Just as long as you don't start to smell like a horse...you know, with your nostrils all flared out.
Gotcha.
I loved your write up about your Easter. What a Blessed day for you!!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The horse said, "What did you call me over here for? Do you have an apple for me or not...if not, I'm going back to the other side of the field."

And I suppose that's why he didn't let you take his picture. hehehe

12:28 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I was laughing at remembering Pea's comment about Frances the Talking Mule! Did you reward the horse for coming over? Where's the picture??
:)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kendra Lynn said...

My girls would lovE TO SEE that horse.
They are not even remotely afraid of them...love to ride them, with assistance of course.

Kendra

8:39 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

horse talk? Yep I believe it. My sister used to do that too.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter