Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Easter

Hope everyone had a special Easter. My great niece got baptized so I went to their church. The church they attend is quite different from ours. Ours is more small town and old fashioned! Their church has two services and they have it in an auditorium. They are more modern and have a live band. They do more of the praise music type stuff. They take in more offering in one Sunday than we do in 6-7 months! They project the music lyrics and the Bible passages up on the wall at the front. The baptismal is way up on the side and the pastor doesn't even get in the water with them. Only his arms get wet. Oh, it's a modern way to do things for sure!! But it was very moving and they did have some special things for the Easter service. Their pastor was very good as well.

Afterwards we went back to my nephew's house where his wife had previously prepared a feast. I don't know how she does it. She had ham, turkey, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn bread salad, sausage balls, and several different types of bread. Then she had chocolate cake, bom-boms (different varieties), orange salad, and a fruit pizza which was absolutely delicious. Most of these foods were cold so she had prepared them all in advance. I came home and changed clothes and was probably only here 30 minutes and by the time I got there they were eating already. I'm sure I have forgotten some of the yummy food she had. It was nice to visit with family. My brother, his wife, my nephew and his wife and 2 children, my other nephew and his wife and their 2 children, and me! This is my nephew and his wife. She is the one who does all that wonderful cooking.
The weather had warmed up today and not supposed to be below freezing tonight. Yippee!! I'm for that!! I'm afraid many things got frozen badly. My poor tulips that were blooming so pretty are now frozen looking and have fallen over.


My nephew's wife also painted this fire hydrant that is in the corner of their property! Isn't it so cute now??

17 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

It sounds like you did have a wonderful Easter:-) I'm always interested in how differently some churches do things!! Your nephew's wife certainly did make a lot of food...she's my kind of gal! I always make too much too! lol Glad you had such a lovely day my friend! Love that fire hydrant! LOL xox

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, I'm glad you had a nice Easter. And lots to eat!
You may have forgotten the eggs?
And I think you would say our church is more modern too.
We always have a drum, piano, and organ. Every other service the orchestra plays also The song words are on a screen. With two services, we call them traditional.
During the second service, in the gym, there is a third non-traditional service with a band and a younger minister.

I think I would get a letter from the civic association if we painted Adi's fire hydrant like hers. It looks nice, though.
..

11:53 AM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

The church service sounds good. I haven't seen a baptism in a long time. The food makes me hungry. How did she do all of that by herself. I know what my grandson would have said.... "What a woman" !!!! I love the fire hydrant.
P.S. My afghan is coming along nicely!

12:27 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE that Fire Hydrant Rachel...It is delightful! Very clever and so pretty!

It sounds like you had a very good time on Sunday....And what a feast...! Oh My Dear....it made me hungry just reading about all of it...And a fruit Pizza...! That sounds quite fabulous!

12:57 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Glad you had a great weekend. That hydrant is great!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Wow what a feast, glad your weekend was good Rachel, love that hydrant.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I love her creativity in painting that fire hydrant. Too Cute!
Your Easter sounds fun and full of food and family!
:)

8:41 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Rachel,
What a wonderful day!
I had to laugh at the part about the paster not getting in the water. In the Catholic church just a little holy water is poured over the baby's head. I was giggling at the thought of our priest in all of his vestments perched on the baptismal font like a bird bath.
It is too close to lunchtime to hear about all of that food!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

As for me...I'd rather have a small more personal setting for Church...I've attended both kinds.
That Easter dinner sounded so good!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Rachel...It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter with your family and WOW!!! what a meal. I hope you brought a few leftovers home for later. hehehe

Your nephew's wife looks very familiar to me although I don't know her.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your food sounds yummy.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Our Daughter is home now. Thank you for your prayer support. Read all about it at YuNoWhere.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Rachel,
Sounds like you had a fine Easter.

Hope to see you soon!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Your nephews wife is a very talented lady. I sure wish she was in my family!
I love the hydrant. How cute is that!!
I'm glad you had a great Easter and enjoyed the church service and baptism. I think Baptism's are very special.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

What a wonderful day and a wonderful church service and a wonderful feast!!
I wish I had some of that good food right now.

That fire hydrant is so cute!

1:17 PM  
Blogger homespun living said...

Sounds like a great day! Isn't that fire hydrant cute - how creative.
Debbie

4:21 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

What a wonderful Easter!
Thank you for sharing it with us!
Huggles

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter