Wednesday, October 17, 2007

PANIC!!!!!!!

Today I decided to take a little drive and see if I could find some color. I took Pup with me, as he's always ready for a ride! I went down this road I had never been on and I found this spot where you can see.....forever it seems! It is very high. It was a little nerve wracking since I'm not a big fan of heights. I took some of these pictures and then I got back in the car. There is a gated community going in on up higher on the other side. I had parked in the driveway of that to take my photos. I decided to drive up in there. There are no houses yet and I can only imagine what they want for a lot. I drove up a short distance and then you made a sharp turn to the right and there is the whole scenery off to the right. I had an immediate panic feeling and quickly backed up and left. I drove down the road a bit and coming back I decided to face my fears and drive on in there. I did, but when I got past that curve and on the road going in, with no guardrail or anything beside me I got that horrible panicky feeling again. It's a very short drive and a small turnaround at the end. I pulled up the bank and put it in park and turned the car off. I got out and let Pup out. I was in a full panic then. I walked around some and gave myself a pep talk and then decided I was being ridiculous and got back in and drove out. I kept my left hand on the side of my face though so I could not see over the side. Once I got to that curve that heads out I was okay. I hate that feeling. Anyone who builds up there will certainly have a grand view. I don't know how they'll get out in snows, and forget ice storms! I don't think I could handle the drive out if it were the least bit slick. Of course they may have (if they had any sense) put those heating units in the asphalt before they sealed it so it can be melted off.

The view is spectacular and you can double click to enlarge these.












Here's Pup who was with me today. He is such a sweet dog. He is a Shih-Tzu. He'll be 10 years old tomorrow. We must have a parteeee for the little guy!!! Probably a plain Jr. bacon cheeseburger for him, and maybe later a small cupcake of his very own!! He'll love it!! He loves to eat. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUP!! You are a joy to our lives!!

I'm glad he was with me today as he did give me a certain amount of comfort!



17 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Panic. That's what some of us were feeling since you have not posted since Saturday (okay, who am I to talk about regular posting). I know that feeling and I hate it.
Give pup a real treat and super size that cheeseburger and cup cake.
By the way, the view is great which means pricy.
Ralph

5:31 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PUP!!! He has such a sweet sweet face, Rachel...I know he had to hve been a great GREAT comfort today!

Those pictures are gorgeous....It is so very beautiful there....Is that the same body of water near you only at a different part? Wherever it is---It is ALL just lovely!

You were brave to go on up there, Rachel...Bless You!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Awww, he SHO is cute!!
Happy B-day to PUP!!!!
Tell him that I like to eat too!!!

Wow, that sure is a great view!!
I wouldn't want to drive along any treacherous roads in the wintertime. I'd panic too, also, in addition, as well.
It's good you faced your fear and went for it!
Pup must have been REALLY proud of you!!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm terrified of heights too so I know exactly the kind of panic you felt driving on that road...such an awful feeling!! I'm glad you were still able to take pictures, though, they are fabulous...such scenery. Your little pup is adorable...Happy Birthday to him:-) xoxo

6:38 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

The view from up there is amazing, but I would not want to drive on a road without a guard rail.
Your pup is so cute. Hope he enjoys his birthday burger!
xo

7:37 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm like you, Rachel. I think those kinds of views are best enjoyed well back from the drop off, LOL! ;D It is a beautiful place, though.

Pup looks like a sweetie, and Happy Birthday to him! At 10 years old he deserves a bacon cheeseburger all to himself.

Hugs,

Diane

7:51 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Lovely view from up there Rachel, pity you couldn't enjoy it more, it would be a bit scarey with ice or snow on the roads though.

1:03 AM  
Blogger possum said...

LOVE YOUR PUP! He is so cute!
Good job getting those shots in the midst of your fear! Brave girl! Now that you are down on the lowland, imagine trying to drive that road in the winter! Yikes!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You pup looks a lot like one we have here. Very cute in its puppy cut.

I am not a big fan of gated communities (an oxymoron perhaps) They are places for people who fear daily dealing with a social mixture of people. There seems to be a lot of such places in your part of the US.

Of course, national fear is driving the efforts to turn the whole of the US into a "gated community".

I also hate "no trespass signs and refuse to put them up on by 266 acres of paradise.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

The pictures are very pretty, but I can see where they could make you a little dizzy and paniced!

I hope you are having a better day today!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures! That is pretty high up there. I'd love fall even more if it would stay around a little longer.

Your dog is so sweet-looking. I had a little Pekingese when I was young and he'd get his own ice-cream cone when we went to the Frosty Freeze. He's just shut his eyes and lick and snort.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy Birthday PUP! Today is your birthday and I hope you got your burger super-sized.

I don't know which one of those lots I'd love to build a house on, but if I did you'd never come to visit so I'll have to remember to stay off steep high hills when I win the lottery.

10:52 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Glad you found some color! We had two Shih-Tzu's for a while. Cutest and most lovable dogs we ever had. Happy Birthday PUP! ~ jb///

6:49 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY PUP! He is so beautiful, Rachel and looks adorable, too! What a great companion you have!

Wow! What a great view! You took wonderful photos! I fear heights, too! You were very brave!

Have a nice weekend!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, you are bad. Just like riding motorcycles, you again are doing unsafe things on the road.

Please do not take those scary but beautiful pictures while driving in the places like what you described.
Then too, perhaps you won't be so scared.

Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
Happy Birthday, Pup!
..

9:45 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Glad you're back safe Rachel. Happy Birthday the dog. I'm glad he's a good companion for you. I love the pics. You live in a beautiful area of our country.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

I just love Pup! Happy, happy birthday.

I was with you on your journey as you replayed it on your blog. I, too, tend to panic and could not supersize your photos because it was scary enough just looking at them small.

You are a champion to have pressed through the panic and continued your journey.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter