Friday, April 18, 2008

Flowers, Rednecks, and Monkeys!

Things are sure greening up fast around here. Now April is already half over. Here's the small amount of phlox that we have but it's really pretty right now. I love to see it on banks where it's all blooming and so colorful. Too bad those blooms won't last all summer long! The black spot at the bottom right of the picture is my shadow as I took the photo.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone regarding my husband's confusion. Poor guy. He seems to be getting worse and having more days of confusion. He is always wanting to go to work. I'm hoping it'll get better instead of worse. Just have to take it one day at a time and see what happens and hope for the best.

Many of you read
Jamie Dawn's blog. I sent her a game called Redneck Life. I read about this game in our local paper. Two women invented this game and one lives here and the other one lives in the state of Oregon!! I never thought about Oregon having rednecks, but I guess every state has some. They said they used her hometown and this town (Somerset) as the basis for the game. The article said that several years ago they were here at the local Walmart and they saw people sitting in their cars and drinking. Then a man got out of a car and peed on his car tire. LOL Well, we have a new Walmart now and that sort of thing doesn't happen, but I can believe it of the old Walmart. That place was wild and not visited at night by folks of the genteel persuasion!! I never went there at night but once. It was the cruising place for all the kids. Due to the traffic it was so hard to get in and out and I vowed I'd NEVER go back again at night, and I didn't.

After they ran that article in the paper about the game there were a few angry letters to the editor by folks who didn't like them making fun of our town. I don't think it's making fun really. After all, it's not like that now, and I'm not one to take things like that personally, like others are.

The game is sold locally at the car wash, which adds to it's "redneckism" I guess!! You can also buy it on Amazon.com as well, or just type in Redneck Life and it'll bring you up places you can order it from. I knew if anyone would enjoy the game that Jamie Dawn and her family would!! I'd buy the game for myself if I had anyone to play it with!

Here's a joke for you all. Now I must get out there and mow my lawn again. More rain is moving in and I want to cut it before the rain comes! Do have a wonderful weekend!!
_________________________________________
A little girl asked her mother, "How did the human race come about?"
The mother answered: "God made Adam and Eve and they had children and so all mankind was made."

Two days later she asks her father the same question. The father answered:"Many years ago there were monkeys,and we developed from them."

The confused girl returns to her mother and says: "Mom, how is it possible that you told me that the human race was created by God and Papa says we developed from monkeys?"

The mother answers: "Well dear, it is very simple. I told you about the origin of my side of the family, and your father told you about his side."

13 Comments:

Blogger Ralph said...

Great joke Rachel. I talked to some folks in Illinois and they said it really greening up back there as well. We are still pretty much brown with patches of green.
Ralph

10:43 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Rachel,

Your phlox looks so pretty! My irises are now starting to bloom, plus the dogwoods are decorating the woods and hillsides. So I live in dogwood heaven now.
And with all the rain we've had, the grass is very green and growing like mad. But I am happy spring is finally here to stay.

I enjoyed my visit here. Have a wonderful weekend!

Renie

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I guess my two monkeys take after their FATHER'S side of the family. Truth be told, I'm a silly monkey too, so they get it from both sides.

:-)

My daughter and I played another round of Redneck Life. I won. We laughed so much because she ended up with no teeth at all. I had good luck that game and only lost five teeth.
Courtney and I are going to see the comedian Brian Regan tonight in Little Rock. If you've never heard of him, then you've missed out on a really funny guy. He is also clean in his humor which is rare these days. Keith and Taylor are jealous!! They are both in CA right now. Tay and a friend of his flew to CA this morning. They should have arrived by now. Courtney and I are going to make a nice night of it by going out to eat, then going to the show.
Here's a link to see a bit of Brain Regan. There are other clips on You Tube too, also, plus, as well.

Brian Regan

Enjoy your weekend, Rachel. Tell Phil hello from your crazy hick friend in AR.

:-)

12:34 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- I like that joke!!!


...and about Wal-Mart...have to say I have not yet seen what you told about here....but -almost everything else!

Speaking of men 'p****g' in public places...there have been a few times in my life when that has occurred - and it's always sooo embarrassing to me.

One of those times was on my one and only trip to NYC...It was in a little park across from Macy's...It was in one of those phone stands (not a booth)Some men seem to think that if their back is turned people are blind to what's going on...however- when it starts to run into the gutter, it clues you in!

Yikes! I'm sorry but your post brought this back to me!

...and this just goes to point out that Red- Necks and low-Lifes can be found just about any where.

Junie

2:29 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Just dropping by to say hello and send to you a BIG HUG!

So beautiful this flower named phlox. So delicate and colorful!

Thank you also for your nice words on my blog! Have a lovely weekend!

7:00 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ Funny joke... sounds like Mrs. LZ just might be able to appreciate it even more! ~ jb///

10:07 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Great joke Rachel. Our gras is finally greening up. We haven't had to mow yet.
Your comment on Ralphs blog has me wanting to tell you that you will learn first hand what a cottonwood tree is when you come to blogstock.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rachel, sorry to hear that your husband isn't keeping the best of health.
Thank you for your prayers/good wishes, Vicki & family and myself have taken great comfort in the warmth you have offered.

5:52 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Very cute joke! I lOVE the idea of that game Rachel and I am going to look for it on Amazon...It is a fun thing to give someone as a gift....! And Jamie and her family had GREAT fun playing it!

I hope your husband begins to have better days Rachel....Is there anything they can give him medication-wise to help that? Probobably not...

I'm glad my description of Blogger gave you a laugh...It's true! I was trying to think how I could easily describe how Blogger was behaving and that was what came ro mind, immeduately....! (lol)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! Your picture is beautiful. It is a beautiful day here in Cape May County. I was able to turn over my garden and plant some radish seeds. This is a nice time of the year when the weather warms up a bit and there is signs of new life. This is the time of year for new beginnings.
That is a great joke. Well take care of yourself and I hope your husband feels better soon. Lisa

12:58 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Oh, I love that joke! We just got home from seeing Ben Stein's movie "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed." Super-great movie everyone, no matter what you believe, about the origins of life needs to see it.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That joke is hilarious! And that game sounds rednecky, hehehe. I'll have to check that game out and I'm glad it was created about your city and not mine, although ours is pretty rednecky too.

9:00 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Rachel dear...I went on Amazon today and bought the game@ I know it will be great fun to play and we can all use some laughs, can't we? It is a little after 1:00AM here and I will probably stay up for another half hour or more---maybe even an hour, my dear!

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter