Saturday, April 05, 2008

IF YOU'RE HAPPY...

Notify your face!!! I heard that in a southern gospel song. I don't recall the rest of the song and I had never heard it before, but I remember that part!! I heard that on the radio while driving and of course I started smiling real big. Anybody seeing me though probably though I might have been a little on the goofy side. They might have been right....but hey!! that's okay!!!

This is one of those pesky weeds that are in our lawn. It actually has pretty flowers on it but it's such a pain! Does anyone know what it is called?










We have had rain and then more rain. I took this picture down at the boat club on the 1st, and then in the second picture you can see what it looked like yesterday afternoon.










Now these next 2 pictures, the first one shows the boat club office, which is sitting very close to the bottom, as you can see the weeds there around it! They just recently moved the boat club office back to where it originally was. I don't think they would have moved it back unless the Corp of Engineers had said specifically that the lake would stay at that level. Before they moved it back it was way down around the curve and was right below our house. Now the second picture is the way it looked when the lake was down really low. This has certainly been quite an expense for them, as they got electricity moved to the club building after they had to move it and that cost them over $14,000. The boat club manager told me this himself. Now that it's moved back I wonder what it will cost them to get it hooked back up there. None of the boats have electricity or water now. I know lots of people have moved their boats to other marinas and such because of that problem. I wondered if the club would survive the 7 years they say that it's going to take to repair the dam, but perhaps it will.


12 Comments:

Blogger Granny Annie said...

Thanks Rachel for putting my face on notice:-)

Whew, those pictures are something!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Rachel! I don't know the name of the weeds, but I have them too. They are all over my yard. They are almost as bad as bamboo, but at these you can mow the purple weeds or kill them with weed killer. I like your pictures. Lisa

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Well, all that water has to go somewhere and the logical place is up....I hope the marina survives the ups and downs of the weather.

Those weeds can put on a pretty face and be pesky at the same times, just like some people I know. You have songs going around in my head again...

Have a good weekend.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lot of fluctuation in the water levels. The plant could be catnip? I planted some catnip for my cats and am I ever sorry. I'm having to constantly weed it. It's everywhere in the summer. I can't get rid of it. Does it have a minty smell? Perhaps some kind of mint if it isn't catnip. (I'm not very good identifying plants but thought I'd give it a shot.)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm smiling!!
I'm in Savannah right now and enjoying it here. It rained off and on today and was very humid. We got plum tuckered!!
I received the Redneck Life gift just before we left, and I mean JUST before we left. I raced to open it while Keith was loading luggage in the trunk. I LOVE it!!!
I didn't have time to read the article, but I did read your note. I look forward to playing the game and reporting on it to you and on my blog. What fun it will be!!!!
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea what that weed is called, but as far as weeds go, it looks like a pretty one.
:-)
Happy Weekend, Rachel.
SMILE!!!!!

:-)

:-)

:-)
I keep a goofy grin on my face at all times.

5:58 PM  
Blogger zztop357 said...

The weeds are called crown vetch.I don't know if that helps. We have them everywhere.Good luck on getting rid of it.
God bless and have a good week-end.
Donna

6:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Donna, it's not crown vetch. I have some of that too and getting rid of it is next to impossible. This is not nearly as bad!! Crown vetch is sometimes used by the highway dept. on banks to help hold the dirt in place. The flowers are pretty though!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I don't recognize that weed. Those pictures of the lake are something! I remember when you posted some from before.
xo

7:48 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Good morning dear Rachel:-)

I'm spending the morning finally catching up with everyone! I've just notified my face that I'm happy! lol

I've never seen those type of weeds before so I'm afraid I can't help you there! We still have so much snow on the ground BUT it IS slowly starting to melt!! Yeehaw! lol

It was interesting to see the pictures of the marina...hopefully it will be the last time they have to move the office building! As you say, it's so expensive having to move it. Hope you get lots of sunshine soon to make up for all that rain!!! xox

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Just when you have a drought, then you get a flood. That's life, I guess. It's a beautiful river though!

2:01 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't know where I've been....Well, I had my taxes and then a visitor, etc....Anyway, my dear Rachel, I do not know what that weed is...I wish I did.
That Marina has been through the mill, hasn't it? And continues to go through some really difficult to impossible times. I hope it survives, too, my dear. Those pictures are amazing!

1:54 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your city has lost so much money in tourism since they lowered the level of the lake. I bet it's much quieter near you house now and will remain that way until all the repairs are made to the dam.
Love the pictures and I also don't know the name of that weed that also is a nuisance in flower beds. It would make a nice ground cover if it would just stay in one place, but it tries to take over everything.

It looks like today will be sunny and cooler and a beautiful day for a Spring wedding.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter