Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Late Sunday Sign and Road Rage

My Sunday Sign is really late this week!! Ah well...such is life! I'm usually a day (or two) late and a dollar short!


Watched the news yesterday. Scary stuff. The economy and our leaders. Very scary stuff.



We have sunshine today and in the 40's. I think spring is in the air! My daffodils and tulips are peeking out of the ground. Now that is a sure sign that spring is knocking on our door! Let's all open our arms and welcome spring in!



Today I'm going to find out about taking the watercolor painting class and decide if I will or not. I better see how much supplies are going to cost and if they have them available. We have one store here that carries craft supplies but they are limited in what they carry.

Yesterday evening I had road rage. Very unusual for me to get upset with drivers. I mean...yeah..I get annoyed with them sometimes but this time I got really annoyed. I was sitting at a stop sign with traffic coming in both directions. I was making a left hand turn. There was a car pulled up beside me to make a right hand turn so I couldn't see that way clearly. Behind me was a huge pickup and he blew his horn at me to go on. I glared at him in my rear view mirror. He had a woman with him and they were talking. I figured she was fussing at him for honking his horn at me. No horn honking person is going to make me pull out in front of cars though. He could just sit there and take a chill pill. I made my left, when all was clear, and after a couple more cars he also made a left behind me. I got stopped at the next light and he came up beside me and then got in front of me. I was close behind his truck and called him a "heathern eyed marmalade breath looking thing." Of course he didn't hear me....but do you think that was harsh? I don't know where marmalade breath came from!! It just popped out of my mouth. Thinking about it though....he may have called me something worse when he blew his horn at me!

This is a church sign that I made using the church sign generator, but it's a sign that is currently at a church downtown right now and I liked it. I love laughter and think it's great medicine for all of us. I need more of that medicine!

Notice the name of the church I came up with!!

Sunday Sign



15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marmalade breath? Wow, the words that come out of your mouth, ha. You know, the devil made you do it. I find drivers are worse and worse. Everyone blows the red lights here. Some terrible accidents from it. Love the church sign! You need the art class to get your aggression out. :-)

10:41 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE your Church, my dear....Maybe you should Make Up The Signs, EVERY SUNDAY...! I bet you could collobrate with The Rev. JD....!

Your Road Rage seemed very very mild to me....Unless it includes the "F" word and some other glorious Expletives...It isn't Road Rage, to me, my dear...LOL!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

When I open my arms to welcome Spring all I get is an armful of snow! lol It's pure Winter over here, tons of snow and frigid temps. Sigh!

Good for you for not letting that truck driver force you into making your left turn when it still wasn't safe! That's how some accidents happen, people get all rattled and go ahead to get out of the way when it's not safe. As for "marmalade breath" well, that's a new one for me! hehe xoxo

8:56 AM  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Love your sign! Nice job. Your Spring is coming a little ealier than ours. I would love to see tulips and daffodils popping their little heads out. I love your expletives, I'll have to remember that one. I usually use Jimminy Cricket or Fiddlesticks.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time we say a person standing on the corner with a sign that read, "will work for art supplies"

Take the class! kiss kiss

Jelly breath huh, funny

1:29 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Two thumbs up for the church sign, Rachel...and I'm glad you didn't hurt anyone on the road. :)

In Miami traffic gets INSANE and you're lucky to make it home safely and in one piece most of the time. I love marmalade so having marmalade breath is not much of an insult. Now MINT JELLY breath...that's harsh!

Enjoy your sunshine and careful out there on them roads!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

When someone blows their horn at me, I always make them wait another monute even tho it is clear. That makes them madder than ever. Like your sign!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Love the sign. You and Jamie Dawn can get together. She can preach and you can run the church! I am terrible at road rage. It just makes me go off for someone to ride my bumper. The road I live off of has a speed limit of 35 mph and they fly on it. I just take my time and let them fidget behind me. Drives me nuts though.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, What a delightful post_YES- even the ROAD RAGE part! LOL- especially that part! Of course you couldn't pull out until you had a clear view!

Hey-hope you do join that art class. It sure sounds like fun!

Come visit at Faceback!!!

Junie Rose

1:53 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

And all that time I thought you were posting real church signs....That's what I get for thinking....lol.... Oh well, I like the signs anyway.

I think that rant about that truck driver was strictly PG! Good for you Rachel...I wish TF had that nice PG rantings at drivers...He is like Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde when he is out driving in traffic....I am more like you.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

You are blessed that you will never have to drive with my husband. Your words were Sunday school compared to things he says. He makes my ears turn red.
Love your church sign.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Rachel, Just messing with you on the church sign....To email me go to "View my complete profile" and on the left it says Contact me, then look for the email link...Please send me your address too.. (wink) ...lol.

11:38 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

OOPS!!

Facebook I meant to say!

(that's what I get for getting old...I'm a little muddled these days-haha)

Junie Rose

1:44 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I believe I could go to church there. Good idea.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I think your blog today is funny. Road Rage & Church Signs, what a combination.

Apparently you don't like marmalade and I haven't figured out what marmalade really is but I suspect it's sweet.

Some people are just so impatient and can't seem to wait for just a few more seconds in traffic. Thank goodness there are far more sensible & nice drivers out there.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter