Sunday, September 06, 2009

Remembering 9-11 and More

Eight years have passed since this horrible day that I'm sure all of us reading can recall very very well. I've been watching some of the things about it on TV this morning. What a shocking and sad day that was. I think everyone was numb from the shock of seeing this when it unfolded back in 2001. I don't think any of us will forget it.












On another note, last Friday I went to a wedding!! Aren't they a cute couple?? Haha! No, actually these little doggies were dressed up in their hot pink dresses for the occasion with little matching bows in their hair.














Here's a closer picture of one of them (Josie). By the time one was dressed the other had ran out of her dress! It was pretty funny! Their owners were married in a quiet ceremony on their back deck, and it was very nice.


I had to laugh at the cake topper! He had no chance of escape!!

11 Comments:

Blogger possum said...

Now that is a cake topper!
I had a cousin who was a baker... she did a cake with the bride and groom AND a dude with a shotgun standing behind them.
I love cake humor!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I was praying for the families of those lost on 9-11. God help them all.

I love the little doggie's in their dresses. How cute!
I dress my Yorkies up once in a while too. Miss. Tildy has a new pink ruffled dress. I need to get a picture of her in it soon so I can post it.

he cake topper is cute. LOL

4:04 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Love that cake topper. The doggies are so cute in their little pink dresses.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, you did going to that wed
ding. Isn't it strange how now you study each and every cake you meet. Looking for ideas and pointers.
If we come for a visit, will you make us one of your famous cakes!
What did you think when you first saw the dogs dressed in pink?
..

10:28 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

My niece had that same cake topper at her wedding and the truth of the matter is their marriage is well depicted in that little statue.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

never forget...

cute doggies...LOL

lvoe, jess

2:50 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Indeed, Rachel...I don't think this could ever be forgotten by anyone. It was a very sad sad day. I re-posted my Tribute to Bill Hunt from 2006...In Honor and Memory of those lost that day.

Such cute pictures, Rachel...Darling litt;e doggies...And that Cake Topper is truly funny! It sounds like they both have a GREAT sense of humor...lol!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Thanks for the reminder of 9-11 but like you said, those of us who experienced it first hand, will never forget it.
On the wedding, the words "She ran out of her dress," is usually reserved for honeymoon.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Janell said...

Oh, I love that cake topper - what a HOOT!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I love that cake topper and I love your sense of humor, too. I thought surely someone did not marry those dogs to each other. lol. They are so cute though in their outfits.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol without prescriptions can you order tramadol online legally - tramadol 400

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter