Sunday, August 02, 2009

SUNDAY SIGNS and More

Last Saturday we got together at my nephew's house and there was a lot of my family there. In fact all my brothers were there with their wives. Two nephews and their families were there. Three of my cousins were also there and I hadn't seen one of them since my Dad died back in 2000. It was great seeing everyone again! There was so much food, and there was even a chocolate fountain set up.

What would get all these kids out of a pool?? They are hovering around the chocolate fountain dipping strawberries, pretzels, marshmallows, etc., in the flowing chocolate! You can't even see the fountain.

(you can click on any photos to enlarge)







We were also celebrating 4 birthdays; my great-niece, my great-nephew, and my two nephews! So here are their 4 cakes. We had them with ice cream of course. No, the tools on the one were not edible, but the cake sure was!! Yummy good too!!

























Two of my sweet great-nieces! They had taken circles of fondant off the one cake and stuck them on their foreheads!











This is my sweet niece and her daughter!




















Sunday Signs

The call 911 sign I took at our church early this morning. It has some condensation inside it. I was surprised to see it since our choir hasn't been on fire for a long time!! In fact we had no music leader for awhile and then they hired one and that didn't work out. Right now we have a good one that is hoping to be the new music minister. I hope he gets it. I think this sign must have been a booster in hopes that our choir will get on fire!!


11 Comments:

Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

a! I love the 9-1-1 sign!
We are currently between churches right now. Maybe for a while. It's ok, tho. We are being fed in so many other ways!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Great signs, Rachel. A chocolate fountain sounds so good to me. I am a chocoholic. Sounds like you had a great family gathering. The cakes are just beautiful. Did you make them?

3:56 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel, how did those kids get you away from that fountain long enough for them to savor a little? I guess you threatened to take more pool pictures if they didn't come in and pose?

Anyway those are neat. I am glad you enjoyed the chocolate. I like your 9-1-1 sign too. We might need that, our minister of education has left for his own church to preach in, our pastor is retiring September 1st, and our youth minister left this last spring.
We still have our minister of music, our administrative minister (a lady), our children's minister (another lady), and a part time Senior Adults minister.

Our 911 call might be for a friendly church to come rescue us!
..

4:09 PM  
Blogger possum said...

OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo
Chocolate........
That's what I want for MY birthday. Oh, right... can't eat that anymore. Sigh

1:44 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

The signs are great...especially the 911 one! ;)

I LOVE chocolate fountains!! Strawberries taste better dipped in chocolate, along with almost everything else!

OMG...the cakes are beautiful! I'm not much of a sweets person, but I would've been all over them at this party! Glad you all had fun!

7:07 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Four Birthdays all at once! WOW! Those cakes look very creative....Even the real tools...lol!
I've never actually seen a "working" Chocolate Fountain....I must say, I do wonder about the unsanitary quality of it all---I think of this now that I have to be so very careful of germs because of my compromised lungs...!

You hae a HUGE Family, my dear....And your neice is so very very pretty, as is her little girl.

Great Sunday Signs, as always. I hope this Choir Leader stays around!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

With all of your talents I bet that you probably helped with at least one of those cakes.
It's always a very special event when family can all get together and it's especially nice seeing those that you haven't seen in a long time.

I think I would have loved that chocolate fountain. That sounds so good. I would grab of dish of fresh strawberries and sit there and dip them into the chocolate fountain...yummy.

Are you in the choir? If so, the choir WILL BE ON FIRE.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

What a beautiful family you have, Rachel..... BTW: I LOVE chocolate fountains.... We went to a wedding reception last weekend and they had three small chocolate fountains going.... My favorite is to dip strawberries in the chocolate and eat them quickly...lol.

As usual, I love your church signs and your cakes too.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Rachel, not that you are the talented cake decorator, did you do all four of those cakes? I'm betting you did and they are fantastic!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time with family. How great to be able to visit with your brothers and other family you've not seen in a long time.
Those little girls are adorable!
Those are fabulous cakes? I'm wondering if YOU made them? I'd not be surprised if you did, since you are so great at decorating cakes.
Did someone say a CHOCOLATE fountain???!!!!
Lead me to it... please!!!!

Good church signs.
I know all about patience and waiting... What a time this has been! Our lawsuit will go to trial the end of August. There are four other parties suing these same people that we are. They are such lowlife con artists who suckered Christians in and screwed a lot of people out of a lot of money. Very sad and very infuriating! Lord give me patience!!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I would love the chocolate fountain also. Forget about the pool! :-) Love the 911 sign. Are you in the choir?

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter