Friday, July 03, 2009

Remembering and Happy 4th to All!!!!!


Hello fellow bloggers! This time last year I was in Nebraska at
Cliff's getting ready for Blogstock08. It was so much fun and great to meet so many bloggers. It was definitely the highlight of the year for me! Now I have those good memories.


I learned this week that a friend of mine, who is such a dear sweet lady, has pancreatic cancer. She is in her 60's but looked much younger. She always ate healthy foods and exercised, and she embraced life to the fullest. She was always so cheerful and a delight to be around. She just found out in May and has been getting the chemo treatments, but now is in a nursing home getting something to hopefully build up her strength so she can come home again. I hope and pray that she does get to come home and have some quality of life for as long as possible. I know with that kind of cancer the prognosis is not a good one at all. My heart just goes out to her.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy 4th!! Do you recall learning this in school? I do!!
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
*****************************************
SUNDAY SIGNS











14 Comments:

Blogger Clara....in TN said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. May she face thie time in her life with faith and courage.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Rachel,

We just got home from spending the day at the cabin, and are going back for fireworks a little later.

I am sorry about your friend as well. I will pray that she gains her strength back and can go home soon. God bless her!

Take care!

Hugs,

Renie

4:37 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy 4th of July to you and yours, dear Rachel! I do hope you are having a fabulous day of celebration:-)

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, my heart goes out to her as well. Cancer is such an awful disease:-( Prayers go out for her. xoxo

5:21 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm so sorry to read about your friend Rachel....That is a terrible cancer...My Cousin-In-Law just died of it about 8 weeks ago....He had been diagnosed the ebd of December. And he too took very good care of himself.
It seems to me we hear of many more people these days having Pancreatic Cancer---One wonders what it is that has caused this to happen.
Prayers for your friend, my dear Rachel.

Hope your 4th was a lovely one, my dear.

3:36 AM  
Blogger possum said...

It is always hard to see a friend suffer. Sometimes diseases are even harder on the loved ones who can do nothing to "make things better." Sometimes all we have are our prayers.
Good church sign, and so true.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I'm so sorry about your friend, Rachel. I will pray that she recovers fully and can go home soon. My heart goes out to her and her loved ones.

6:24 PM  
Blogger EV said...

God bless America and your friend, amen.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

So sorry to read the news of your friend - blessings to you and to her as she faces this trial.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Rachel, I hope your 4th was nice. I am sure it was although saddened by the news from your friend.
I just came from Ralph's, he has a big announcement you will want to see if you haven't already.
Hint, see you next year??
..

7:13 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Lets do the bogstock again Rachel. Next year seems to be the year. Start saving the coins.
Prayers for your friend. A miracle maybe.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Praying for your friend.

Thank you for you nice comments lately.

I have been so busy and have been unable to visit.

Hope all is well and that you had a great 4th!

Love, Jess

7:52 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Rachel ~ Sorry about your friend! I was just going to ask you where you were this time last year, but it looks liked you rememeber it just as well as we all did! ~ jb///

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Right on, to both signs....I am really sorry that I did not make it to blog stock... I know you all had a great time....Sorry to hear about you friend, Rachel. I hope she does well and that you will be there for her.

Had a great fourth, hope you did too. I'm so grateful for this country, I hope we are able to keep our freedoms.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I pray that your friend regains some strength and gets to come home soon. I know that pancreatic cancer is a terrible cancer, and I pray God's blessing on your dear friend.

We the people!!!!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter